Reload this Page >

10 days in Benelux?

Search

10 days in Benelux?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Paula Tower

10 days in Benelux?

Hello<BR><BR>is this enough time? I want to see Amsterdam and The Hague, and Brussels. (I know, that leaves out the Lux - is this a mistake?).<BR><BR>I'd like to see a little bit of the countryside too... I will likely rent a car. or maybe not, I know the train service is great. so I fon't know for sure, but I do like the freedom of a car.<BR><BR>with this much time, where would you go, flying into Amsterdam and maybe out of Brussels?<BR><BR>any good guide books on this area, bring on the suggestions!<BR><BR>many thanks<BR><BR>Paula<BR><BR>ps. forgot to say - middle of July...

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:41 AM
Steve Mueller

<BR>Definitely a mistake to leave out Luxembourg City. We neglected it for years and finally visited it for the first time a few weeks ago. It is spectacular. Also, the countryside around the Luxembourg is beautiful.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Paula Tower

thank you Steve.<BR><BR>here is an off the wall question - is Copenhagen out of the question for this length of trip? (I would have to give something else up)<BR><BR>thanks again<BR><BR>Paula

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 04:47 AM
Paula Tower

oops. forget it. I just looked at a map. unless there are easy flyers b/w countries, don't want to bother. (are there?)

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:42 AM
trying

We spent about 10 days in Benelux, staying in Haarlem, Brussels and Bruges. Definitely go to Bruges. We daytripped to Delft and A'dam (from Haarlem), and visited the Hague on the way back from Bruges/Brussels. Can't say we were very impressed with Hague, but we probably approached it wrong.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 10:56 AM
john

I'd go to Brugges instead of Brussels. And try to get to Maasticht, too.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Diane

If you want to enjoy where you are and not feel you are constantly moving, I suggest you leave Luxembourg for another visit. Spend a few days in Amsterdam, rent a car at the end and drive to Brugge, maybe spending the night in Delft. Allow a couple of nights in Brugge. Belgium is a small country and easy for driving. Ten days is not a lot of time for touring two countries. You could easily devote ten days to each one.