1 week vacation in Nice :

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2009, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to go for a 1 week vacation with my friend to france in December , prefereably Nice.
what is the weather like.? I want to know if it would be sunny . I would also want to know about afforable hotels with great reviews.
thanks
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 05:00 AM

What does affordable means to you?
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 05:06 AM

olaide-- a quick note: you are asking that we do some very basic research that you could very easily do for yourself. Google works wonderfully to get historical weather data and hotel reviews....and no, I cannot predict when it will be sunny day in Nice...?)
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 05:14 AM

Welcome to the board!

In a Rick Steves book I have it says the average daily high in December in Nice is 58 degrees and the average daily low is 43 degrees. The average number of days of no rain in December is 23. This may not be as nice as you were hoping. Of course, they are only averages, but it gives you some idea.

A very good place to look for hotels is on www.tripadvisor.com where you can plug in Nice and then arrange the hotels to come up by prices. Then read reviews. It is fairly simple and quite interesting to see what you can find that suits. Good luck with it!
Old Jul 15th, 2009, 04:41 PM

We went in December a few years ago, and stayed at what I consider to be an affordable hotel, which is well regarded by some other Fodorites. A windbreaker, occasionally with a sweater, made for very comfortable touring, and we had no rain at all that I can recall. For more, see my phototravelogue at http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...g&x=0&y=-run25