1,000 Thank you's

Search

1,000 Thank you's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2005, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1,000 Thank you's

I just wanted to thank everyone who has posted such invaluable information for my upcoming trip to Paris - actually it's three days and counting. I have not only learned what to see, but how to not over pack (not there yet but at least I am trying), what luggage to take, where to keep valuables, cheapest way to get around the city, what to buy, (looking for handbags) and, of course, what and where to eat. I have made a long list of restaurants and have already reserved my top four. I just made a reservation to take a one day cooking class with Christian Constant of Le Violon d'Ingres. Am hoping after he spends a day with my daughter and me in his kitchen that he will still want to be a chef! I have enjoyed reading everyone's trip reports this past year and hope to post some interesting facts when I return.

Scarlett:
When I walk into the building to our Paris Perfect apartment I am hoping I don't smell cabbage. Will let you know.
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 06:23 AM

since your title perfectly describes what i also want to say to those who have offered so many suggestions for a number of small getaways. i have found the info and comments invaluable and can not give it enough publicity with friends.

thank you all again for helping make
travel even more enjoyable!
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 06:38 AM

Ditto.
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 08:20 AM

LOL, honey, I am sure it was just because there was a special on cabbage that day in the market! You will surely love everything.
Remember the elevator is tiny, like one person and a suitcase tiny. We were on the top floor, we had to go seperately with luggage..and get verrry close without it
There are a lot of small cute shops near the apts..be sure to browse them for better prices than the big stores!
Metro is close and SO easy to use..
Christian Constant is such a charming man, you will enjoy those classes I am sure!
Have a FAB time and please report back when you can!
Bon Voyage! Scarlett
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 11:48 PM

Wait! How do I get a class?
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Cooking classes are offered the first Monday of the next three months. They start at 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and it's optional to stay for lunch. It's pricy but probably something I might never have an opportunity to do again so decided to give it a try. Call the le Violon d'Ingres for a reservation. Hope to see you there.