Reload this Page >

Which ship for Bermuda Cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2001, 06:17 PM
lindafromNJ

My husband and I want to do a Bermuda Cruise and prefer personal choice dining. What ships go to Bernmuda that have this. I know Princess has this but I head the Pacific Princess is not goning there anymore. Any suggestions.

Old Nov 17th, 2001, 04:04 AM
Theres

The Pacific Princess will sail her next summer again and then she will be sold off and will no longer be part of the Princess line.<BR><BR>I actually do not know if Pacific Princess has personal choice dining or not.

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Paul Therault

Hi Linda,<BR><BR>There are no ships that sail to Bermuda out of NYC that have personal choice dining.<BR><BR>The Pacific Princess is too small.<BR><BR>Possibly in 2003 when the Pacific is replaced they will have the option on the new ship.<BR><BR>I really do not know what ship they will be repositoning to Bermuda since the government of Bermuda will not allow them to port a larger ship.<BR><BR>I think they should place a bid on one of the Reaissance ships that are up for sale but in this economy I doubt this will happen. They might just keep the Pacific there until things pick up.<BR><BR>If you wish to drive to Boston you can sail the Norwegian Majesty which has Personal Choice Dining.<BR><BR>It is a budget ship and you will get a good price. <BR><BR>If you search the past threads on this forum you may find some very nice reviews by Parrotmom.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 18th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Parrot Mom

Gee Paul...I just hate it when you call the NCL Majesty a budget cruise..granted it's not RCL, Celebrity or the Princess, but it's a nice way to get to Bermuda on a non-mega sized ship with a very friendly crew. Best of all it sits in St. George instead of the bustle of Hamilton. It will be going into dry dock in April and will be completely refurbished. Guess I'm easier to please.. we thought the Premier Seabreeze was a great little ship, big, big heart. Granted the food was mediocre, the staff couldn't do enough for you and there was a feeling on that ship that I have never felt on another ship, including the Majesty.. We have met people from all over the East Coast on the Majesty and I don't think they felt they were on a budget trip..although many do like bargains and bought their trip at the last minute. A TA from Cleveland on the ship for a seminar(we shared a jacuzzi) thought the Majesty was the cleanest ship he had ever been on and that there were plenty of places to "hide out"..Frankly, for us, what could be easier than driving from our home and 30 minutes later unpacking our luggage and being aboard ship in seconds and being dealt with by baggage handlers who were thrilled you were there instead of the rudness of porters in Miami.

Old Nov 19th, 2001, 06:10 PM
lindafromNJ

Does Celebrity go to Bermuda and if so does anyone know what ship and is it nice?

Old Nov 20th, 2001, 06:33 PM
phfromny

I took Celebrity Horizon in '98 and it was a beautiful ship, although a bit older. Since then it has been renovated. It was a classy cruise, great food. It is definitely more refined than a Carnival cruise to say, Halifax, which I did last year. This year we took RCCL Nordic Empress to Bermuda and it was maybe not as classy as Celebrity, but the staff was great and it had more of a party atmosphere. Service and food on Celebrity though can't be beat. I think only Zenith (Horizon's sister ship and supposedly more beautiful than Horizon) is going to Bermuda in 2002. Forget Pacific Princess. Nordic Empress is not big but the Love Boat is TINY. And it looks real old and dated.

Old Nov 26th, 2001, 06:10 PM
Catherine

We went on the Zenith in 99 and thought it was awesome. That started my love of celebrity. We sailed this past summer on the Mercury and this spring we will be on the Galaxy. The Zenith is much smaller than the others but I think you are only allowed the smaller ones in Bermuda.