Which cruise is right for us?

Jul 22nd, 2008, 03:41 PM
Original Poster

Which cruise is right for us?

My wife and I are looking to go on our 2nd cruise. We went on a Disney Cruise for our honeymoon and loved it. We would like to do a Disney Cruise again, but they are very expensive. What is a another cruise line that would be cheaper? Carnival, Norweigen, Royal Caribbean other. We do not have any kids, are not big party people a drink by the pool is good but not obnoxious drunk. Good food, but not super fancy.
Jul 22nd, 2008, 05:20 PM

You should post your budget, where you want to go, what your taste and expectations are. That will help people give you some answers.

Good luck.
Jul 23rd, 2008, 08:06 AM
Original Poster

We would like to spend $4000 with the cruise and airfare. As for where, we are pretty open, somewhere warm. The Caribbean or Mexico for at least 7 days. We are looking to relax, be entertained on board with a fun shore excursion or two.
Jul 24th, 2008, 07:52 AM

My BF and I cruise with Princess and have always enjoyed them (6 with 2 planned). I like their Anytime dining for 2, but make a standing res. - same table, time & waitstaff. Never been bothered by drunks or obnoxious people, and unless you travel during school break, kids are at a minimum. There is a mix of ages; we have met honeymooners and retirees (we are in our mid-50's). There are plenty of activities on board and onshore to choose from, both sedate and active. You might consider using a knowledgeable travel agent to help narrow your port and ship choices.
Jul 25th, 2008, 09:52 AM

My family has cruised on Royal Caribbean multiple times in the Caribbean. In Dec/Jan, we are able to book 7 night trips for under $2000 (for two people) and the service is undeniably superb. Celebrity cruise line is also operated by Royal Caribbean and is their luxury line. We've also been able to book staterooms for under $2000. I think it really depends on what time of year you want to book...but I highly recommend Royal Caribbean.
Jul 25th, 2008, 04:22 PM

I think Celebrity would be good for you. Very nice, good food, but not a big time party line - enough but not over the top.
Jul 27th, 2008, 10:12 AM

Where is your starting point? As far as the air fare is concerned and how much time do you have to cruise? Why I ask is because my wife and I are going on a Princess Cruise to Hawaii round trip from LA for 14 days in a Balcony stateroom with air(from San Francisco) for under $6,000.00 and that includes trip protection.This is in Oct. and has about ten whole days at sea, which we really like. Anyway we have cruised with Pricess a couple times and love the food and the atmosphere. No one bothers us and we sound about like you with the drinking thing(just a little) and like agood time but not have obnoxious drunks around and the anytime dining is great and you can either dine alone or dine with as many people as you want(tables of 2,4,6,8) or go to a real good buffett. Also with the Balcony we like to have our breakfast there in the morning. Good Cruising.