Reload this Page >

What to do ON the Monarch?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2000, 06:37 PM
Kerri

I'm trying to find out what to do while we are on the Monarch of the Seas. There are a couple of ports that we might like to spend more time on ship ( been to them a couple of times before ) but we are wondering what the ship offers in the way of sporting type activities such as basketball, darts, miniature golf, driving range, etc. Could someone let us know what to expect?

Old May 15th, 2000, 06:15 AM
Sally

We were on the Monarch several years ago and although I can't remember specifically what we did, I do remember there was not nearly enough time in the day to do it. It was difficult to schedule a nap-time! (If you follow that logic) I remember basketball and golf but not darts. We had 2 days at sea and we treated the day in Martinique as a day at sea since we had been told Martinique is French for "don't get off the ship" and we NEVER got bored. Perhaps someone else can give you a more coherent answer. I'm ready to go again!

Old May 16th, 2000, 05:53 PM
Lisa

We were on the Monarch earlier this year. Great ship! We loved everything but didn't go to Martinique. Several of the people we met stayed on the ship at St. Lucia. We probably should have. There are almost too many ports so I'm glad we spent some time on ship. So much fun! There is a basketball court on deck and ping pong.

Old May 20th, 2000, 12:08 PM
sandy

You will LOVE the Monarch! We were there a few weeks ago and it was great. Like the previous poster said, do spend some of your days on board. That is half the fun of a cruise. Just look at the shore excursion info that they will send and pick out the places you want to see most then take advantage of the ship when lots of people are gone. You'll be rested and relaxed for the evening when everyone else is exhausted from too much touring. Do take in some of the islands though. St. Maarten is terrific and there is a lot to do on Antiqua and St. Thomas.

Old May 22nd, 2000, 05:44 PM
Betty

Just returned from the Monarch last night. Still wish I was there. <BR> <BR>Besides the golf (which I didn't see) and the basketball, they have 4 ping pong tables and my husband & new friends we met on board had a blast! Only lost one pool overboard. &lt;g&gt; <BR> <BR>5 ports is busy but we loved it! We did only one shore excursion from the ship. The rest we did on our own. Two islands we hired a taxi for the day. This is the BEST WAY to see what you want to see. <BR> <BR>I plan on writing a trip report but it may be too long for this forum. Ask me any questions if you want.

Old May 29th, 2000, 04:35 PM
Susan

We just got off the Monarch on 5/14/00. It was our first cruise and we had a fantastic time. My review is posted at www.geocities.com/dswolfson/cruise_review.html If you have any specific questions feel free to email them to me.

Old Jun 1st, 2000, 04:15 PM
Fran

We were on the Monarch in March. What a GREAT SHIP!! Yes, the staff has more than enough for you to do if you stay on board. Try the horse races, volunteer to be a jockey--EASY!! Go to the karioke nights-what a blast-where they hole the karioke-each night they have a fun, FUN 45 minutes--do NOT miss any of those. You do not have to order a drink or anything, you can just sit and watch, but at least try to participate-it is sooo much fun!!! <BR> <BR>They also have a portion of one deck devoted to basketball, one to ping pong. I did not see golf, but they might have it, or if not, ask them to set it up for you--and they will-they want to PLEASE you. <BR> <BR>Expect a good time, really read the newsletter and the compass-that will be your guide, the compass.