Reload this Page >

Vibration problem on Millenium??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 08:21 AM
Mary

Was it the Millenium that had a vibration problem?? If so, can anyone tell me if it has been fixed or how much of a problem is it really? I am considering getting a cabin at the back of the ship on the Panorama Deck so this might potentially be a concern. Thanks to all who can give me some insight...

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 01:02 PM
Josh

We have been on the Millennium twice. It seems that they have more or less fixed the vibration problem. We had an aft cabin with balcony and was fantastic. My only comment is that I noted that the level of service that I usually expect from Celebrity was not quite there. However, this may not be as much of a problem now and even so, the cruise was outstanding.

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 04:49 PM
Andy

Josh=when did you do the MIllie? I saw a post on CruiseAddicts and someone just go off her and said Celebrity hired a bunch of Renaissance workers and the dining staff was just so so-- <BR>Have you heard anything negative?

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 06:25 PM
Theresa

Hi, <BR> <BR>I sailed in Cabin 8176 (Panormaic if I remember corrctly) - aft. I sailed about 2 months after it went to dry dock for the second time to fix the vibration problem (February 2001). It was not fixed by any means. The balconies aft are awesome. <BR> <BR>You could feel the vibration when the ship docked and when it took off in the evening. We were often at dinner - the silverwhere and glasses would shake. Though it only happened for about 5 minutes or less and I would not let this interfere with booking the ship. It was definitely there but not excessive. <BR> <BR>BTW - our food was not very good on the sailing. We are going back to Princess for our next cruise.

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 04:01 PM
ANdy

THeresa- When did you sail the Millenium? recently? Have you sailed Celebrity before this cruise? WHy did you rate the food so bad?

Old Oct 24th, 2001, 05:08 PM
Theresa

Andy - sailed Millennium end of February/first of March. To my knowledge it has not been back to dry dock to be fixed. The vibration was obvious but it didn't last long and was not "disruptive". We just expected it when we docked and when we took off. <BR> <BR>This was my first trip on Celebrity and I did not like the food. Ours was never prepared correctly and it looked nicer than it tasted. THe presentation was great but the flavor just wasn't there. We were also disappointed in the times of the buffet area - very limited. <BR> <BR>I have a friend who I sailed with in February. He sailed on the same ship this summer (liked the itiniary) and said food had gone down the hill and the matride suggested that he order from the kids menu because that was "prepared to order" and was fresher. My friend is a gourmet cook........ <BR> <BR>My TA was on Summit recently and did say that the food was better on that ship than her previous sailings on Celebrity. <BR> <BR>How is that for mixed reviews. <BR> <BR>I do believe that it was the most beautiful ship I have ever been on but I felt far more comfortable with Princess on their ships.

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 04:25 PM
sandy

If Celebrity has hired former Renaissance personnel for their dining roon, the service should be excellent. We were on Renaissance VII this summer and never had better waiters anywhere -- including Silversea!