Reload this Page >

Vancouver Renaissance vs. Pan Pacific

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Theresa

Have both of these hotels reserved for June Alaska cruise out of Vancouver.<BR><BR>The Pan Pacific is more expensive but it is supposed to be very nice.<BR><BR>I am unfamiliar with this Renaissance. Other Renaissance hotels I have stayed at are very nice.<BR><BR>Will be there for 3 nights - I want something more then a place to sleep at night. I want something nice since I consider this part of my vacation.<BR><BR>Suggestions!

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Kathy

Pan Pacific...hands down. Location is better than Renaissance.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 08:47 AM
lou

The Renaissance is quite nice, but not really exceptional. if you want the hotel to be part of the total experience and you want something special, take the Pan Pacific. Beautiful rooms, amenities, and great location. You'll be right at the cruise ship terminal (unless you're leaving from Ballantyne Pier) and be able to see other cruise ships leave/dock. It's also quite central for shopping, etc.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 03:39 PM
John

As a former 20 year Vancouverite....taket the Pan Pacific. It wins hands down. You will not be disappointed. Other good choice would be the Westin Bayshore.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 10:02 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Theresa,<BR><BR>The Pan Pacific is a fabulous but if you wish to spend a tad less the Fairmont Waterfront is right on the water and the water views on the higher floors are spectacular. I booked a corner room in the Fairmont at what it cost for a regular water view at the Pan Pacific. The hotels are across the street from each other.<BR><BR>What do you think John?<BR><BR>Paul