Ultimate beverage package

Old Feb 13th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimate beverage package

Is it worth getting the ultimate drinking package on the Norwegian Gem? The fine print says you can not use it on Supreme liquor. For example, would Kettle One fall into this category and what beers can't you get? Don't want to find out that most drinks are more than $10. We drink top shelf.
Old Feb 14th, 2015, 01:31 AM

The fine print I read said package does not include "designated Super Premium brands" and cover wine up to $10 per glass and 20% off on bottled wine. It also does not apply to promos and buckets.
http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-be...-package/terms

So it all depends on when you say "top shelf", is it premium or super premium that you are after?

I like a Cognac every once in a while but I won't touch VS or VSOP as they are good for cooking only. So, is XO premium or super premium? How about different brands of Single Malt scotch?

IMHO, unless you drinks lots, beverage package is not necessary a good value. A couple beer here and there, before dinner drinks, couple glasses of wine at dinner and lunch, it adds up fast so it is worth it on a sea day. On days where you are at port, you probably would drink a lot less as you are not on the ship.
Old Feb 14th, 2015, 05:11 AM

Wow E you don't drink VSOP? You are high maintainence bro. . .
Old Feb 14th, 2015, 02:43 PM

Larry, Not all VSOPs are created equal. Some brands are better than others so for VSOP, it will have to be brand specific.

The run of the mill VSOP is great for cooking, especially with beef, add a touch of port wine, black pepper and that is it!
Old Feb 14th, 2015, 02:56 PM

You have a point of course. Christian Bros. VSOP isnt as good as a VS Hennessey.

Pepper, port and brandy. Do you braise the beef with this? How do you prepare it and what cut of beef?

I browned short ribs then braised them in the oven in beef broth and beer and added some veges, spuds and herbs. Pretty good.