topless sunbathing

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 04:15 AM
momof2

topless sunbathing

I have been told there is topless sunbathing allowed on the carnival cruise ships. It is supposedly in a restricted area. We family of 4, are sailing on the Imagination in august could you tell me if this true.Also if anyone knows about the FOUNTAIN FUN CARD? Any advice or tips would be helpful. thanks

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 06:07 AM
Theresa

It is true but I wouldn't worry.<BR><BR>There is a staircase on one of the decks which indicates "topless sunbathing - no one under 18 allowed". From what I understand - it is a small deck.<BR><BR>I was on Fascination for several days before I found this staircase going up. I have no doubt if anyone younger then 18 goes up there - they will be promptly told to leave.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 08:19 AM
mary

I think the fountain fun card might be the $25 sticker they put on the room key card providing kids unlimited soft drinks for the week. We have bought them for our kids and they are worth it.

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 11:23 PM
Paul Therault

The fountain fun cards for children cost from $9 for a 3 day voyage to $19.95 for a 7 day sailing.<BR><BR>The adults will pay from $14.95 to $29.95.<BR><BR>You can calculate in advance by figuring what you will pay for the bar service. A can costs $1.73 tax and tip included and a bottle, which is about double the liquid is $2.29.<BR><BR>Do not forget the lemonade, iced tea and juice is complimentary during the day and into the evening on the Lido deck.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Becky

Paul,<BR>You are the epitome of knowledge about cruises. Thank you for all your advice, given so honestly and informatively.<BR>We are going to Alaska in mid June. Have you been on the Celebrity Summit yet? Are the formal nights on an ALaskan cruise as formal as other cruises since the dress in Alaska is so casual? I hate taking clothes for cold, warm, casual, formal. What do you suggest? Thanks again for sharing like you do......it is appreciated.

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 06:15 PM
Becky

What travel agency are you with? Your information is just great!

Old Mar 16th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Becky,<BR><BR>Thanks for the kind words.<BR><BR>Sorry, the "law" of the forum does not allow solicitation. Therefore I can not post my company name.<BR><BR>I have not sailed the Summit but have sailed ALaska 5 times. No matter what mega-ship you sail (including Carnival) you will find the passenger profile to be older, therefore dressier.<BR><BR>The small-ship cruise lines do not require you to dress-up but some passengers still do.<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>