Reload this Page >

***To Bring or Not To Bring?***

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 05:17 PM
debbie

For all snorklers on recent cruises- <BR> <BR>We will be on a Princess southern Caribbean cruise this Nov. Does the ship provide snorkeling mask and fins or so we need to bring our own? Thank you!

Old Apr 20th, 2000, 06:08 PM
Ishoo

All the ships that I have been on have all of the equipment. However I would always take at least my own snorkle. Some only bleach the mouthpieces(UGH.) However, there may also be an added fee if they supply the equipment, better you check on that. Have fun.

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 01:17 PM
Polecat

Usually the snorkel equipment is provided by the tour operator. If you take one of the catamaran or party boat tours or a beach tour you will be provided equipment. I always bring my own mask and snorkel for the reasons stated above. The ships provide equipment when they stop at their private islands, but the southern caribbean itinerary does not include the private island so I don't know if they will have equipment on board or not.

Old Apr 21st, 2000, 01:38 PM
Sue

It is always a little cramped packing snorkel, mask and fins. But we usually take our own. If you don't, you must either rent them (and you never know what you will get) or take a tour that provides them. Snorkeling opportunities are always there waiting for you and if you can find just a little extra room, take them with you, you will be glad that you did. <BR>Have a great cruise. Sue

Old Apr 22nd, 2000, 10:23 AM
debbie

Thanks Ishoo, Polecat and Sue! Would like to pack my own if room permits. Appreciate your sound advise and good wishes.

Old May 11th, 2000, 03:08 PM
Santiago

Snorkeling Antarctica waters may be dangerous, you can freeze..........

Old May 12th, 2000, 04:54 AM
debbie

Santiago- of course these waters are cold- frigid! Everyone should know that. However, I posed my question stating we are taking a cruise to Southern Caribbean and hence the snorkeling question!