Search

Tips for a 1st Timer

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tips for a 1st Timer

I've never been to Europe but would like to
go soon. Can you give me some tips on cruising the Mediterranean.
Any cruise lines you feel are the best in that area, mid priced lines? (we're in our sixties)
Which lines offer the best tour excursions?
Which lines dock at the most interesting ports?
Any information of that type would give us a good start on deciding.
I did just read most of these 1st fifty posts and was glad to learn we should avoid the Mediterranean in the summer (heat and crowds).
What do you think of the riverboat tours? Would that cover a smaller area? Much more expensive?

We're more interested in touring the countrysides than visiting city museums.

Appreciate your info!

Old Jan 29th, 2005, 04:44 AM

Here is a site to help you.

www.cruisecritics.com

You can see who else would be going on your cruise. An awesome site. I have met 3 other groups who will be traveling on the same cruise as I am to the Med the end of May.
I think it will be what you want. We are doing RCCL for the 7 day cruise. I know they have a 10 day cruise. Go to a travel agent to ask...........
We have booked private drivers for all our Italy stops. On cruisecritics you might get someone to share the costs which would be best. I think most dock at the most interesting ports. Riverboats tours we priced in France and were alot higher. I think if you are touring countrysides it might be hard since the cruises dock at 7 am and leave by 6-7 pm. Not that much time if you had a far drive to the countryside. I would recommend that you contact a travel agent to get some ideas. They can be really useful.
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 05:38 AM

Sunshine-- What am I doing wrong? I tried to look at cruisecritics.com (which seemed to be mainly about the Caribbean) to read some reviews on Radisson Voyager (which we'll be sailing in the Baltics). I've got a bunch of questions that folks on Fodors don't seem to be responding to-- had hoped I might be able to chat with some experienced Radisson cruisers. But everything on that website seemed to be just selling-- couldn't find the comparable "travel talk" section. Help? Thanks!
Old Jan 29th, 2005, 06:58 AM

Hi Dolores, You have been sending to a site that doesn't exist as the correct one is the singular.
www.cruisecritic.com This will work and you will have lots of good information. I am excited for you as I remember my first Med. cruise
Canam
Old Jan 30th, 2005, 03:39 AM

I apologize that I added the s at the end. I am glad that you were informed of my mistake.