Search

Tipping?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Mike

Tipping?

Hi, <BR> <BR>My wife and I are going on are 1st cruise and was wondering what amount to give for tips !! And whom do we tip ? <BR> <BR>Thanks

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Kay

Mike, Don't worry a bit about it. The cruise line will certainly let you know who and what amount is considered average for them. Some have no tipping, some have prepaid tips added on your onboard charge, and some leave it up to you but give guidelines. It usually averages about a total of $10.00 per person/ per day for everyone.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Mike, <BR> <BR>If you wish to know in advance, the guidelines are usually written in the back of the cruise line brochure. <BR> <BR>If not, your travel agent will get you the information. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 03:48 AM
Mike

Thanks for your help guys.....I guess I shouldnt worry..... <BR> <BR>Mike

Old Apr 29th, 2001, 08:56 AM
Fran

<BR>No need to worry, just ask your TA or check with the line prior to your cruise date. If you are like me, you will want to store this amt (in cash) for the last day. I generally travel on my CC and Debit Card (for cash) when I am out of the country therefore it is very important for me to make sure that the correct amt of cash is reserved. I do prefer for the cruise line just to put it on my account so that I don't have to worry about having the money at the end. I know that most cruisers don't like this idea tho so just check on it to see if this is how your ship will be doing it.