Search

Summit

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2001, 03:31 PM
Joan

Summit

Does anyone have any information about Celebrity's new ship the Summit. I have sailed Celebrity before and loved it. I'm booked on the Summit for the So. Carribean Nov 23 - 10 days. I've heard a lot of negative comments about the Milleniem, in their early cruises and hope the same doesn't happen on the Summit <BR>

Old May 5th, 2001, 06:12 PM
Lisa

<BR>I was on the Millennium this last February and the only problem I noticed was the vibration at the rear of the ship when turning or entering/leaving a port. I have a friend on the Millie right now (the transatlantic) and she says that the vibration problem has been resolved with the last dry dock in April. This friend was also on one of the Millie's first cruises last year in July and she says the ship is in fantastic shape. From what I understand the changes were made to the Infinity and the Summit before they left the shipyard - I have not heard any problems from the Infinity.

Old May 12th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Lori

Dear Joan, <BR> <BR>I too have a cruise booked on the Summit for next march same itinerary. My family and I can hardly wait. I was asking my travel agent about the ship and she suggested ordering the video of the Summit from Celebrity. It costs 9.95 and it should be available in about 2 months. Call 1-800-CELEBRITY and they will send you one. I know that its maiden voyage is October 1st of this year and from the brochure it looks fantastic. My sister and law and I are looking forward to their new Aqua-Spa. Have a great cruise and let me know how it was when you get back! Lori

Old May 13th, 2001, 02:35 PM
Nancy

Dear Joan, We've read many reviews on the Infinity and they're all great!!! We are booked on a sky suite on the Infinity 07/20/01 and have also booked Summit 04/08/02. These are fabulous ships---go for it!!!! Nancy

Old May 17th, 2001, 10:07 AM
Cindy

Hi, Joan. My husband and I are also sailing on Summit 11/23/01. We've cruised several different lines in the past, but this is our first Celebrity cruise. I'm looking forward to our trip. I've read many postings on various message boards, and haven't read any message regarding problems with the Summit. Let's keep our fingers crossed that all will be fine. Let's keep in touch! Cindy

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 06:26 AM
Danielle

Hi! <BR>My family has booked a cruise on the Summit for April of next year. My husband & I may be going, but we've never been on a cruise before. Can anyone give us an idea of the average age. We're taking into consideration that Spring Break may play a big part in who & what age may be cruising with us. HELP!