Search

SOS: Alaska Cruise Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOS: Alaska Cruise Questions

Hi Everybody,

1) Now, I am very crazy. Although I set a price in cruisecompete.com, the offered prices from many agents are not different from the proposed prices on Celebrity Website.

Do anyone has any unbeatable and trusted agents to recommend?

2) I decide to cruise with Celebrityummit because of my time schedule. We have four people. If all of us like to stay together in one balcony room, is it too small? Otherwise, we will book two inside rooms because shore-view-balcony rooms are fully booked.

3) I also like to listen the prices of Alaska Summit that people bid before. For CC room, balcony, ocean view and inside. Any information will be very helpful for me.

P.S. I havent slept all nite. Pls save me.

Thank you so much. I feel very frustated by searching and bidding.

Minkymink

Old Jan 30th, 2007, 02:50 AM

Celebrity and RCCL do not let agents discount their cruises. Sometimes agents can add value added items but unless you have a group price - the prices should be the same between agents with this line.

Other lines (Princess, HAL, Carnival) let agents discount.

I would not put 4 adults into a balcony room. Maybe book 1 inside and 1 balcony so that you have a balcony to look out of.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 06:26 AM

Have you tried booking wiith Costco? You have to be a member but in the past I have always gotten great deals with them. If you are not a member I could call them and get a price if you tell me specifically the ship and schedule. Then at least you will know. I would say go for the balcony. esp. for Alaska. It may be crowded but its doable and the views from your balcony are worth the cramped quarters IMHO. we've done 4 to a balcony too and it was really not bad. Not great either.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 07:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your opinions. I finally find an agent who can give more credit offers. I decided to stay two connected inside state rooms on Sky deck, tho top one, because we think that we will just sleep in a room and spend more time outside and it is very easy to take a stair to a pubic deck.

Thank you so much everybody. Now, I need to be headache about all shore excursions.
Old Feb 1st, 2007, 11:36 AM

We're going on the Summit in August - when are you going? We're using a travel agent, but it's the cruise, plus land tours, etc - so it's not an apple to apple kind of comparison. We're also in the process of locking down excursions - too many choices!!!
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM

We went last summer. For excursions - in ketc - our group divided part went fly fishing - was ok - the other went in a sea plane and a cruise of the natl park there - worth every penny. we booked off the boat and saved about $125. In Jun. we went on glacier trek - AMAZING - it's an experience I will never ever forget - also, booked off the boat and saved. And in Skag. we went on the train, doesn't matter to book on or off the boat - it was the same price. Also, very worth it and from hearing from others the highlight of the town.
Old Feb 4th, 2007, 03:23 AM

You do need to be aware of the azipod problems that plague this class of Celebrity ship. I suggest you at least look at other options.

Celebrity has had a large number of cancelled, shortened, delayed, missed ports cruises due this very real issue.