Silversea cruises

Old Nov 8th, 2020, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silversea cruises

Like many of you, we are eager to start cruising again. We have over 100 days with Silversea but have also cruised with Seabourn and had a wonderful time as well. Back to Silversea. I was looking at a Cruise Critic review and saw that Silversea had to dropped to #7 in the luxury cruise category. Can anyone give me some insight?
Thanks in advance
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 02:39 PM

I think I would wait until the "pretend cruises with staff as passengers" period concludes -- why even think about it at this point? Cruiselines may not be allowed to sail for months! The idea of establishing laboratories on cruise ships makes me afraid.... The predicament of a COVID positive passenger onboard precludes all other shore excursions and most amenities onboard. I think we'd all best wait until year-end 2021 to make plans for perhaps 2022. Really.
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 11:00 AM
P_M

I would be very surprised if the cruise industry is back to normal in 2021, especially after that recent fiasco on the cruise ship from Barbados. I believe cruising will be the last segment of the travel industry to recover from this crisis. When cruising does come back, so many things will be different that any ratings we see today will be out of date. I know you miss travel planning, we all do. But keep dreaming and we will be out and about again in a couple of years.
Old Nov 19th, 2020, 06:35 AM

Yes, one of my favorite hobbies is trip researching and planning; I give it about a year for an overseas trip. But right now, too futile to even entertain.