Seward to Anchorage

Mar 19th, 2000, 08:38 AM
mark

Seward to Anchorage

Is it possible to get from the dock at Seward to the airport in Anchorage without using Princess' transportation? I have a 1:30 P.M. flight to Seattle on July 13, the day we disembark and am not using Princess transfers at any other location. Thank you for any insights you might have.

Mar 19th, 2000, 11:02 AM
Denise Blackmore

Mark,

Since your flight is at 1:30pm the Princess transfer is your only option between Seward and Anchorage. There is a train, which is less expensive, however it is in the evening.

Mar 22nd, 2000, 08:21 PM
Redcurls

Perhaps a one-way car rental? If I remember correctly, it's a couple hour trip. Just a thought...

Mar 28th, 2000, 09:34 PM
mary

Mark,
The car rental suggestion is good. We just rented a car for a trip from Anchorage to Seward and Hertz was the only national agency that had a location in Seward. Price was ok, considering it was our only choice.

Mar 30th, 2000, 01:36 PM
Charlotte

There are buses that run between Anchorage and Seward. However, I don't have any idea if they would meet your schedule. You might check this webpage:
http://www.alaska-kenai-peninsula.or...sportation.htm

Mar 30th, 2000, 01:56 PM
Charlotte

I'll try posting a reply once again...
A couple more websites:
www.sewardbuslines.com
www.seward.net/chamber/visitor.htm
We took the Seward Bus Line several years ago. It worked well for us - and it does sound like they try to meet the schedules of the cruise ships.

Apr 3rd, 2000, 05:31 PM
Marie

Mark,
A word of advice if you go the car route...reserve it before you go and have a confirmation number. There are about 6 cars in Seward for hire and many of our passengers were not please to be stranded in Seward. If you are interested in purchasing the transfers for only that one leg of the trip from Princess, you may be able to do that on board the ship. Our ship did this, although it was not published prior to the voyage. It was in the on board information.

Enjoy your trip.