Search

best discounts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
best discounts

what reputable sites give the best cruise discounts? we are taking our kids and need two rooms. HELP!
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 12:57 AM

There are plenty- more important is to get one without hefty agency cancelation fees. You need to keep track of trends YOURSELF and immediately contact the agent and request any drops in price. There has been goog reports on www.cruise.com also try www.cruisemates.com bargain finder board, especially if you have your ship and dates chosen.
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 10:50 AM

Try http://www.cruisecompete.com.

You can find info. there to pick the right cruise, then let independent agencies compete to offer you the best deal.
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 02:50 PM

There are lots of things to check out.
When getting a quote, make sure you get the TOTAL price, which is cruise price , port, and taxes. Many advetise cruise only prices, others advertise cruise and port. Remeber there are taxes! So when a price looks good you have to know what it includes.

Some TA's have a handling/processing charge, usually around $25.00 or so, PP. Some don't.

Some TA's have a hefty charge if you cancel, for whatever reason. $75.00 or so PP. Other don't.

Old Dec 9th, 2003, 04:42 PM

cruisequick.com and bestpricecruises.com always seem to be the best & their final quotes come within a few $$ of each other.
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

thanks everyone. i've used cruisequick several times and found them to be quite good. i was wondering if there are any others that have even better prices.
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 01:57 PM

Hi,

Try http://www.CruisingCo.com - they have great service and don't charge any service fees for their service. They can match all lower cruise prices, plus they add their concierge-style service at no extra charge!

Have a great day!
Julia
Old Dec 15th, 2003, 03:13 PM

Just a WARNING about cruisecompete.com
If you do a search of my posting in Oct./Nov regarding this company you will see that you have to be very careful that the agent understands what cruise you want and then gets the correct quote from the line.
I requested a back to back and was given an unbelievably low quote which was actually for only one part of the cruise. Cruisecompete didn't catch the discrepancy
and I had a long series of e-mails to get the correct quote. Quite a hassle.
Just be careful.
Happy cruising, J