Sapphire Princess or Celebrity Millenium?

Old Oct 31st, 2008, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sapphire Princess or Celebrity Millenium?

We plan to go on a 7 day cruise from Vancouver north to Whittier or Seward (depending on the ship we take). Because we want to go one way in early to mid-July 2009 and are traveling with a small group 4-6 couples) who all want rooms with balconies, our options are somewhat limited.

The two options we are looking at now are the Celebrity Millenium or Sapphire Princess. The main differences in itinerary are that the Sapphire includes Glacier Bay and College Fjord, ending in Whittier and the Millenium's itinerary substitutes Icy Strait Point and Hubbard Glacier, then stops at Seward.

Which itinerary would you recommend? Are there any other factors (quality of food, cabin comfort, etc.) which would recommend one ship over the other?

This is our first cruise to Alaska and we are going with some friends who care more about enjoying the beauty of Alaska than partying. Do both ships have a naturalist onboard? Is the quality of the food comparable?

We'd appreciate any help you can give us. I have read lots of posts on Alaska and the cruise lines and have also done research on www.cruisecritic.com.

Thanks!

Old Nov 6th, 2008, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am surprised at the lack of reply. Here is my opinion:

I prefer north bound passages. I love the College Fjord. I thought it is the most "majestic" of the lot.

Sapphire is a beautiful ship. Lots of common areas and you won't feel crowded.

With that said, Millenium is a wonderful ship with great food and Hubbard Glacier is beautiful.

If you have never cruised Alaska, you would have made a great choice on either one.

Budgetqueen is the expert on Alaska cruise around here and I am surprised that she had not post anything yet. She must be away on a cruise somewhere