S.CARIB. PRINCESS EXCURSIONS

Feb 12th, 2000, 08:32 AM
MIKE

S.CARIB. PRINCESS EXCURSIONS

I'm taking the Dawn Princess Southern Caribean Classic to Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Marteen, St. Kitts, and St. Thomas in April, 2000. I am looking for any info on shore excursions. Any Princess tours you recommend? Do you recommend renting a car or hiring a taxi? I would appreciate any help.

Mar 19th, 2000, 10:40 AM
debbie

Mike- thought for a moment we were on same trip but we are taking the Dawn in November for Southern Caribbean to Trinadad, barbados, Antigua, Tortola and St. Thomas. I hear Princess is best line with bigger cabins than RCL and Celebrity (same owner). Check out other postings as I just read about each of your questions under Cruises in general.

I know you will enjoy your cruise. Is it OK if I e-mail you since my husband and I are taking same ship? That would be nice.

Mar 19th, 2000, 10:56 AM
debbie

Mike- just spotted what I read earlier about ship excursions to shore:

Shore Excursions

Author: Sue ([email protected])
Date: 2/27/2000, 4:16 pm ET

It was under gereral Cruises and Princess Line forums. It may help you or you can do a search on it. Any help e-mail me.

Mar 22nd, 2000, 08:11 AM
Mike

Debbie,

Thanks for the info. I had almost given up on getting any replies to my posting. I'll check out the other forum. Feel free to contact me in late April or after, and I'll let you know how we made out on the ship. We're doing the catamaran snorkel trip on barbados, so I'll let you know how that goes, and any info on St. Thomas.

Thanks again, and have a blast on your trip.
Mike

Apr 7th, 2000, 01:28 PM
DAVE

I was on the Princess on the s. carrib. in Feb. I would recommend the mountain biking on St Thomas.Do not book thru the ship. When you get off the ship there are alot of people there ready at your beck and call.

Apr 7th, 2000, 01:38 PM
kristi

Hi Mike. We did that cruise in December, 1998. We only took one shore excursion, snorkeling at Trunk Bay near St. Thomas. The rest of the ports we hired a taxi to see the sites, which there are plenty of in every port and cost a lot less money per person than the shore excursions. In St. Lucia, the driver even took us to a cove where we could snorkel and waited for us, then took us to see the volcano.

In Barbados, we hired someone to drive us around and then left us off at a beach. My husband swam out to where the snorkelers from our boat were, obviously not worth the extra bucks for the shore excursion. You might want to reconsider or at least ask the cruise staff where they take you.

Have a good trip!

Apr 7th, 2000, 02:58 PM
Marilyn

Dave, Could you give me more info on golfing in the Caribbean? Which courses were you on? Do you have suggestions on the best or worst in the Eastern/Southern Carr ? How did you get your resv. ahead of time? Maybe more specifics on prices would be good. Thanks!