Search

Rip-off or Real?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Laurie

Rip-off or Real?

Has anyone ever used Crucon.com? They are offering a 5-day Western Caribbean for $279 including port charges. What are some important questions to ask them? (never done this before)<BR><BR>Thanks, ALL help is appreciated

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Camille

Which ship is it on? I bet it is some line that you never heard of. Also it is probably on a cruise that leaves at a very unfavorable time (such as in a week).<BR><BR>That is what they call a loss leader. They suck you in with real cheap quote and then tell you about other, better, deals.<BR><BR>I never heard of that company. Call the Better Business Bureau. if they are not listed, don't do business with them. Although it is voluntary to be listed with the BBB, I have found that many crappy companies do not list. That way you can never find out about complaints. If they are not listed, don't do business with them!

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Laurie

It is on the Carnival ship Imagination and it is for the fall. They are listed with BBB.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:26 AM
Bea

Hello,<BR><BR>that rate is available anywhere, it is a cat 1A bunk bed room and is a 4 night cruise probably in Sept.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 02:00 PM
a Travel Professional

Any agent can get the same deal.<BR>You usually do not get the 1A. (bunk beds)<BR>Usually 4A-inside 2 lower is $50-60 p/p more.<BR>6A-Outisde another 50-60 p/p more.<BR>Most of there offer a 1-2 Category upgrade.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:37 AM
Cathy

I never pay more than $100 per day of a cruise. Your quote is well below that range. good deal if you like the shorter cruises (5 day).

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 12:52 PM
cruiser

Who the hell woould book with a company called "crucon"<BR><BR>yeah, cruise - con. just shortened. <BR><BR>