Repositioning cruises

Search

Repositioning cruises

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2019, 12:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Repositioning cruises

I am interested in taking a 2020 small ship repositioning cruise that begins or ends in Montreal (and/or Quebec). Windstar had the perfect itinerary this year but they are not offering it in 2020. Unfortunately we are not interested in taking any cruise on a large ship, which seem to be the ones with the most repositioning cruises.
I would also like to know about your experience if you've taken a repositioning cruise.
Old Aug 24th, 2019, 08:14 PM

We did one repositioning cruise and absolutely loved it. We would like to do more, but have less time for travel, so no long cruises right now. We did do it on a larger ship, not one of the new mega ships with rock walls and all that stuff, but still not small. I actually loved the size because it had a huge promenade deck with beautiful, old style wooden chairs. We did not have a balcony, so used the promenade a lot. Because it was a long cruise, in Spring before school was out, so not really geared to kids at the time, there were very few children. It was quiet with lots of classical music, a great library, good food, etc., basically just a few days to relax. Size did not matter, but I might not enjoy a TA on a busy, loud ship. We do those ships with our kids and Grandchild where there are lots of ports. Even if they are bigger, you might enjoy Holland America, Cunard or even Princess.
Old Aug 24th, 2019, 08:39 PM

Also, you might like some of the older, smaller Celebrity ships. I don’t see repositioning cruises that fit your exact criteria though.
Old Sep 8th, 2019, 05:01 AM

May I know the reason why Montreal or Quebec? I am not aware of any cruise lines going there while transitioning. Maybe Seabourn? I love those cruises, it has a different vibe. More relaxing and finally a chance to read a book.....
Old Sep 9th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JessicaBr
May I know the reason why Montreal or Quebec? I am not aware of any cruise lines going there while transitioning. Maybe Seabourn? I love those cruises, it has a different vibe. More relaxing and finally a chance to read a book.....
We like the idea of the repositioning small ship cruise, both for the at sea days and the value. We also are considering a river cruise in NE Canada. So when I saw that Windstar had exactly that combination (London-Montreal) I got very excited. Unfortunately they are not offering that route in 2020 because they are recommissioning 3 ships so they cut that route.
Old Sep 10th, 2019, 03:17 PM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Many sail in November. A family member was on one and the seas were so rough that no one was allowed outside on decks, waves were crashing on them, and the ship rock and rolled across the Atlantic. Not appealing.
Old Sep 10th, 2019, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by marsha1340
We like the idea of the repositioning small ship cruise, both for the at sea days and the value. We also are considering a river cruise in NE Canada. So when I saw that Windstar had exactly that combination (London-Montreal) I got very excited. Unfortunately they are not offering that route in 2020 because they are recommissioning 3 ships so they cut that route.
It is very disappointing when you find a cruise itinerary you like and nobody does it. I can just imagine.... but there are repositioning cruises. If you are willing to embark in another city. As said before, I love those cruises. They are the ones I book, if I need a rest.