Renting a car at cruise port in LA

Jan 30th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Original Poster

Renting a car at cruise port in LA

We are booked on a RT LA to Hawaii. When we get back to LA we want to rent a car and travel for a few days. I can't find a car rental service in that area. Has anyone ever picked up a car at the San Pedro Cruise Terminals? Any info will be appreciated.
Feb 1st, 2005, 09:10 AM
kensi

Enterprise Rent-a-Car is right outside the SP World Cruise Center at 233 N. Harbor Blvd. #D in a small strip-mall. Their number is (310) 548-8060.

Feb 1st, 2005, 11:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks kensi, that's just what I needed to know.
Feb 13th, 2005, 05:58 PM

Is there another? I just need the car for the day and evening as our cruise ship is docked for the day and evening. When I called they told me I had to have the car back by 6 pm as that is when they close and they have no lock box. Any idea's.
Feb 15th, 2005, 12:17 PM
kensi

To kit9172: I live in the area and Enterprise is the only car rental agency I'm aware of. I did an internet search and the next closest seems to be BUDGET in Long Beach. They are at 249 E. Ocean Blvd. #104; phone is (562) 495-0407. If they work out for you, you can consider taking the COMMUTER EXPRESS bus, ROUTE 142 (San Pedro/Terminal Island/Long Beach Express). See website ladottransit.com (LA City Dept of Transportation) for more info; one-way is $.90, I believe. Route starts at Ports O'Call, which is about 1/4 mile from Cruise Terminal, but you can hop on the restored Red Car trolley car from Cruise Terminal and ride it to the end.

If you're only in LA Port for a day as a tourist, you might consider foregoing a rental car and taking COMMUTER EXPRESS 142 to Long Beach and taking the BLUE LINE, which is part of the Los Angeles subway/light rail system. BLUE LINE (lightrail) runs north to downtown Los Angeles, from which you can transfer to RED LINE (subway) and that line will take you to Hollywood and Universal Studios/CityWalk. Or transfer from BLUE LINE to GOLD LINE, which takes you to Pasadena. This MetroRail is very efficient and generally safe (mostly commuters and tourists), and is patroled by LA Sheriff's Dept.

Feb 15th, 2005, 05:38 PM

To Kensi
We are meeting up with family and I don't know where we will end up. Tossing up Disneyland or Santa Monica Pier that's why we need a car. My nephew is coming by car from approx 3 hrs. away and I don't want him or his family worrying about picking us up and staying around to drop us off as we don't have to board till 11 pm. I'll give Budget a call and see if they pick up and drop off or how much a taxi would cost to them.
Feb 15th, 2005, 07:43 PM

We used Budget in November. They are a little way from the port but do pick up and drop off. When we left their driver had quit so they took money off the bill to pay our taxi fare. When we returned they picked us up.
It worked fine.