RENAISSANCE CEASE OPERATIONS?

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 01:36 PM
HCOPELAN

RENAISSANCE CEASE OPERATIONS?

i just received a call from my travel agent informing me that REN is out of business.Can anyone verify???

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 01:39 PM
Robin

Yes, sadly its true. Go to the website and you'll see the post. You may have to "refresh" the page to get the current message they posted earlier today.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Third party insurance companies will cover in case of bankrupcies. <BR> <BR>If upoi do not have insurance, call your charge card company immediately. <BR> <BR>The Federal Maritime Commission will not help in this case since their bond does not cover cruise lines that do not sail into U.S. ports. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Thyrals

I never visit the cruise board, but just read about this.Please follow the link below for a news story. My heart goes out to all of the passengers on what I can only imagine were trips of a lifetime. <BR> <BR> <BR>http://news.excite.com/news/ap/01092...ssance-cruises <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 05:34 PM
hcopelan

Well, now that it's a certainty, what do we do? We were booked on the X-mas Barbados-Barbados cruise. Has anyone sailed the Wind Surf? We want a 7 or 11 day cruise from approx 12/16 on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 06:27 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>You will certainly notice the difference immediately between Ren. and Windstar. <BR> <BR>I sailed the Wind Surf about 10 years ago. You will be pampered and served by the best. Everyone will know your name. Elegant, laid back. Terrific choice. <BR> <BR>You will just love St. Barts. Bequia was just about a deserted island then. Now with the new owner you will see quite a difference. Anquilla was another backwards island and now it is a premium destimation. <BR> <BR>If you have the opportunity to sail the Wind Surf you will not be disappointed. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Sep 25th, 2001, 07:53 PM
Andy

H.Copelan- We did the WIndsurf in the Med this past May-01--it was fantastic! <BR>You will have your entire mind changed about cruising once you've taken this ship!!!!! If you have any specific questions,feel free to email me at the above email--very upscale and casual--no need for coat and tie,no cocktail dresses-open seating dining---WONDERFUL- and those 5 masted sails are so romantic to sail under!!

Old Sep 26th, 2001, 08:48 AM
elaine

HCOPELAN, <BR> <BR>My husband and I sailed Windsurf (Barbados/Barbados) March '99. The ship was great, the ports terrific and dining way above par. <BR>Should you decide to sail Windsurf I think you'll have a wonderful vacation!