Renaissance Bankruptcy question

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 05:34 AM
Asking

Renaissance Bankruptcy question

We were scheduled to cruise with Renaissance last December until they filed for bankruptcy. Of course, like so many, the cruise insurance didn't cover the default, but our credit card did refund our money for the trip.<BR><BR>Am I correct in assuming that since Visa reimbursed us fully, that we have no further claim against Ren, and that Visa is the creditor that has to fight for our money?

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 06:28 AM
carl

Sounds like you should contact a bankruptcy attorney rather than posting this on this crazy forum. People here will steer you in the wrong direction!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:02 AM
Rhea

What is the point your making? Fiscally, you recovered your outlay, correct? What else are you entitled to? You did suffer disappointment but none of the policies I've ever taken covered that base.<BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 07:09 AM
Asking

Yes, Carl you are correct. I've forgotton how nasty this board has become.<BR><BR>Rhea - I was trying to verify that I didn't need to become involved in any further proceedings, that the ball was now in Visa's court and I was thankfully out of the game. For a change, here is a human being that isn't trying to get more than she's entitled to. I'm not looking for anything else except to be sure that I don't need to do anything else -- the only thing I was out was the airfare which was purchased separately, and for a fee, it was reusable.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Attorney

You don't need to pursue it any further.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Judge

The attorney is correct. You have essentially recovered all that you are entitled to. But if you are in Caifornia you can probably sue for pain and suffering.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:10 PM
Johnson

Amen