Question about CruiseCompete

Sep 13th, 2005, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Question about CruiseCompete

I received my very first quote from them 2 days ago and today received two more and each is less than the one preceeding it. Is this their MO, i.e. a waiting game? Thanks, Larry.
Sep 13th, 2005, 10:21 AM

Yes, I think it's just a question of when participating ta's have the time to work out price quotes. But be aware you can sometimes still beat the lowest quote on your own though. Although cruises-n-more.com is a travel agency that supplies quotes for cruise compete I never got a response from them on my last cruise. When I called direct they beat my other cruise compete lowest price.
Sep 13th, 2005, 10:45 AM

Each cruisecompete quote is from a different travel agency.

One agent told me that they can give cheaper quotes on their own than they can through cruisecompete because they have to pay cruisecompete for the referral.
Sep 13th, 2005, 10:56 AM

Yes, I once got a letter from cuise compete asking me if I used one of the quotes, they wanted the name of the agency so that sounds right.
Sep 13th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks TW. I booked-marked that site.
Sep 13th, 2005, 04:08 PM

I used cruise compete for my three booked cruises this year. No problems and I never did find lower rates that weren't adjusted.

Even got a $300 refund AFTER final payment on my next cruise 10/05. All were different agents. I booked based on price only.
Sep 15th, 2005, 07:54 AM

To answer the original question: most of the response you get from CruiseCompete is in the first day or two. (I think most agencies figure that their time time is better spent responding to new requests than older ones).

If you turn off your original request in put in a new one for the same sailing, you'll get more quotes.
Sep 15th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Thank you triath. Thats good to know for when the time comes. I did get 3 offers and ea. was lower, and the last was lower than Costco which in my experience is hard to beat. Larry