quad cabins

Dec 7th, 2001, 09:06 AM
jan

quad cabins

Looking for ship that will sleep 4 people in a cabin. three teenagers and one adult. Please help!

Dec 7th, 2001, 12:28 PM
judy cuervo

There might be the rare exception, but I'd say virtually every cruise ship has cabins that can accommodate four, even without the upper and lower thing. May be a higher category than you would ordinarily book, but it's doable nearly everywhere. Just ask.

Dec 7th, 2001, 08:47 PM
angie

Most ships do it but have limited cabins with the double uppers. Once is awhile you'll get a rollaway but trust me, you'll be crowded enough, you don't want a rollaway. Best bet- book way in advance, those cabins can go fast especially during times when school is out and lots of families are traveling.

Dec 7th, 2001, 09:19 PM
Paul Therault

Good idea to make sure the TA requests a "real" triple or quad cabin or as Angie states you may get rollaways. This occasionally happens when one receives an automatic upgrade or if the TA has his/her head in the sand.

There are ships that will sleep 5 or more in a cabin. They are called family cabins. Disney has many cabins in this configuration.

Paul

Dec 30th, 2001, 12:46 PM
JasonH

Many ships have quad cabins. Just book them early and you will have no problems.

Disney is very expensive and I doubt your teens will want to be on this.

Look at RCCL Explorer or Voyager of the Seas or Grand Princess. Also the newer Carnival ships would be good (Destiny, Triumph, Victory).

Dec 30th, 2001, 01:58 PM
Ian

Have done quad twice-one on RCCL Legend of the Seas and once on Celebrity Mercury. We had a quad outside. I would recommend an outside. We had no difficulty in getting the cabins, in fact if you go on to the cruise ship web site you will find the details on all cabins on each deck. The quad consisted of a single on either side of the room plus 'pull down' pullmans (railway style) above each single that we made up each evening. We had no problem and it proved to be a very cost effective way to go since we were never in the cabin. On both trips, we got an absolute bargain on the 3rd and 4th person. As I recall it was $399. per on
RCCL and a low $199. on Celebrity. Depends on when you book and where. Both bookings were made within 6 weeks of departure.