Search

Puerto Rico Port. Xmas Day

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2023, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puerto Rico Port. Xmas Day

Hello
my family and I are taking a holiday cruise this year 2023. Instead of having a day at sea NCL scheduled us to port Puerto Rico 1230-8pm. I know that it is a holiday but is there anything to do other than the beach? San Juan/OldSan Juan?
thanks
Heather
Old Nov 5th, 2023, 11:15 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Old San Juan is a beautiful, historic, easy-to-walk small town really. I imagine some things will be open & some closed (El Morro closed) but will still be a delightful place to stroll & take in the views. Much better than "at sea" to my way of thinking. There will certainly be places to stop for drinks & to shop. You may want to investigate possibilities & reserve for an afternoon lunch or early dinner. El Convento comes to mind, check reviews as it's been too long since I was there: https://www.elconvento.com/dining

Old Nov 5th, 2023, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't really know your interests but you could spend the day hiking in a Yunque rainforest.
Old Nov 7th, 2023, 02:47 PM
Original Poster

Than you for ideas

I appreciate your responses. I will let my husband and girls know about hiking if they choose. I’m confined to a wheelchair which will make some activities impossible or difficult to navigate. You have helped give options, 😊
Old Nov 8th, 2023, 06:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by heatherperez8697
I appreciate your responses. I will let my husband and girls know about hiking if they choose. I’m confined to a wheelchair which will make some activities impossible or difficult to navigate. You have helped give options, 😊
Old San Juan streets are blue bricks and a lot of hills. It might be difficult to navigate in a wheelchair.
Old Nov 9th, 2023, 03:43 AM

Did you ask on the Roll Call for your voyage on Cruise Critic?