Reload this Page >

Problems in Acapulco

Search

Problems in Acapulco

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 12:59 PM
Carol

Problems in Acapulco

Following a Panama Canal cruise after being abandoned by Princess Lines at the Acapulco airport my husband and I were astounded to find the most chaotic airport we have ever been in. We were deposited in a room packed with people. No one knew when their flights came in or what gate to report to. The gates, for that matter, were not even numbered. No PA system. It was incredible. Princess representatives were nowhere to be found. While our plane was out on the tarmac wondering where we were, we were shifted from line to line trying to figure out where to go. Consequently we were extremely late, missed our connecting flight and lost our luggage. The luggage has never been found and the whole experience left a bad taste as far as Princess Cruises and Acapulco airport.

Old Oct 15th, 2000, 08:57 PM
Nellie

My experience with Acapulco is upon arrival. There was a guy not even wearing Princess uniform holding a crude brown clipboard with a Princess sticker on it. I had to track him down instead of him looking for a Princess passenger with Princess tags tied to our luggage.

Old Oct 21st, 2000, 12:15 AM
Theresa

I am sorry your experience was not good but Princess can not be blamed for your problems at the airport. Princess' only obligation is to take you from the ship to the airport (transfer). They are not obligated to make sure you find your gate or flight.

Old Oct 22nd, 2000, 04:19 PM
Carol

True, Princess was not obliged to find our gate for us, but I do think Princess should treat their departing passengers in the same manner they treat them at the beginning of their cruise. I have cruised with Princess twice now and don't intend to do so again. At the end of both our cruises we felt that we were treated in a "Good riddance, on to the next paying customer!" manner.

Old Oct 22nd, 2000, 05:59 PM
Theresa

Hi Carol - I have cruised with several cruise lines (including Princess) and have experienced a similiar disembarkement experience from each one. These cruise lines have to disembark 2000 plus individuals and prepare for 2000 more in less than an hours time. No hotels have 2000 people checking out thousands of people and then checking in thousands of people within hours. <BR> <BR>I think you will encounter similiar treatment regardless of what cruise line you take. You may have a better experience in nicer airports but Princess is no different from any other cruise line.

Old Oct 22nd, 2000, 09:36 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Dear Carol, <BR> <BR>Whenever you arrive at an airport, you should look at your airline tickets. You will find the flight number. You then should look for the boards that show "departures." You should find your gate number. <BR> <BR>During overseas flights the cruise line may have a "charter." In this case, do not wait for an announcement. See any uniformed attendant and ask questions. Continue to ask questions until you find your flight number. Do not wait and hope you are at the correct gate. You must ask questions no matter what airport you are in. <BR> <BR>I do not find Acapulco Airport any more confusing than any other airport. <BR> <BR>It is too bad your luggage was lost. This usually is not the fault of the cruise line. Many pieces of luggage are lost by the airlines daily. I presume you made a claim with the airline and also with your homeowners policy. <BR> <BR>I always tell my customers to stay with their luggage at all times if at all possible. When you check-in watch the ticket that is wrapped around the handle and see if the ticket has the correct label for the airport is is to go to. <BR> <BR>Do not feel bad, many people get lost in airports. Next time just ask questions, many questions. <BR> <BR>Paul <BR> <BR>