Reload this Page >

Princess precruise/Ft. Lauderdale

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2000, 03:40 AM
elaine

My husband and I have booked a one-night precruise (Ft. Lauderdale) prior to our Princess Cruise. Has anyone recently stayed at Embassy Suites? Would appreciate feedback or other suggestions (beach location does not matter to us). <BR>Thanks!

Old Oct 21st, 2000, 12:08 AM
Theresa

I have stayed there before my Sea Princess cruise - I booked it on my own verses through Princess. <BR> <BR>It is an older Embassy Suites but is clean and in a good location. There are many restaurants within walking distance and grocery and drug stores near by for last minute cruise essentials. The pool is nice and the restaurant inside the hotel is very expensive. The breakfast wasn't as good as other Embassy Suites I have stayed at. There are tons of cruise passengers at this hotel. <BR> <BR>For my next two cruises - I booked Amerisuites which is right next door. The price was $69/night verses Embassy's often $170/night.

Old Oct 21st, 2000, 05:56 AM
elaine

Theresa, <BR> <BR>I appreciate your firsthand information. We are also considering Hyatt Pier 66. Since we are deviating our air, I see no need to stay in a Princess hotel (as our travel agt. does not charge us the deviation fee). The price for one night/couple is ridiculous. Our travel agent also suggested AmeriSuites. Thanks for posting!

Old Oct 22nd, 2000, 06:06 PM
Theresa

You may want to also look at the Marriott Mariana. I have seen reasonable rates there - it is right next to the intercoastal highway and close to the pier. <BR> <BR>I have heard great things about Pier 66.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 03:43 AM
Evelyn

I've booked the Best Western Marina Inn and Yacht Harbor for the Saturday before the cruise, on the internet, and got a rate of $65/night as compared to the $180/night Princess quoted me.

Old Oct 23rd, 2000, 06:29 PM
Theresa

The Best Western is right next to the Pier but I have heard negative things about it. Hopefully they have improved. The price is good.

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 07:38 AM
MHS

What is a "deviation fee"? <BR> <BR>Having major problem getting answers to my questions on Princess Scandinavian/Russia cruise -- know FL is different, but are any of you having problems getting answers from Princess? <BR> <BR>Their web site is very lacking in detail info & 1-800 gal didn't know difference between St. Pete FL & St. Pete Russia. <BR>

Old Oct 24th, 2000, 10:07 AM
elaine

MHS, <BR> <BR>Deviation fee (as I know it): if you select airline and times of your flights - going/coming and if you take a pre or post cruise and you use a cruiseline's offered hotel, the deviation fee does not apply to a passenger. In our case,there is a deviation fee as we are flying to Ft. Lauderdale one day prior and will not stay in one of 3 Princess hotels. Our travel agt. waives fee (in our case $70 per couple). I dislike 'hidden' fees and we've use this agent frequently. We prefer to select our flights/times and in some instances, stay at a different hotel. <BR> <BR>Re: Princess information: if you have already booked w/travel agt. ask him/her your specific question. If not, phone Princess again...it's amazing the information one receives, depending on the rep you speak with at Princess. I spoke with 4 different reps prior to having my question answered accurately. I would not rely on their website for pertinent info. <BR>Hope this helps. <BR>

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 08:47 AM
Evelyn

Theresa, what negative things about the Best Western Marina? I have prepaid, but should I look elsewhere? Ours is a late arrival after 9:00 pm and then hope to board Grand by Noon next day.

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 05:49 PM
Theresa

There is a web site that posts reviews (by passengers) of both cruises and precruise hotels. I had seen several reviews there. I can't find the site right now but will look this weekend - check back on Saturday.

Old Oct 28th, 2000, 11:01 AM
Theresa

I can't find the reviews - basically people said that it was rundown and they probably would not stay there again. I have never been there. It is in a great location.