Princess Mexican Riviera Ten Day Cruise

Old Dec 19th, 1999, 05:29 PM
SUE

Princess Mexican Riviera Ten Day Cruise

My husband and I will be going on a cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Acapulco, Puero Vallarta, Ixtapa and Mazatlan from January 15 to 25. We have never been before, either a Princess Cruise or Mexico. Please pass along any suggestions as to what to see and what to do on the ship. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Old Dec 22nd, 1999, 03:59 PM
carl

sue, you must be going on the regal princess. how do i know? my wife and i are going on the cruise following yours, from jan.25 for 10 days. never been to mexico before so can't help you there but have been on the crown princess twice. the crown princess is the sister ship to the regal. food, service, entertainment all were excellent. the food in the dining room was especially good. i'm sure you'll have a great trip. there must be someone out there who has taken this cruise before. now there are two people looking for information, someone please help.

happy cruising

Old Dec 26th, 1999, 03:22 PM
julie

We are taking the same cruise...from 1/5 - 1/10. Will try to post our experiences as soon as we return. If you are going with Princess, you can expect a great time. We have done Princess several times and they are uniformly satisfactory. As for Mexico, you won't really see it, from the vantage point of the Beach cities, they are geared up for tourists, and will be waiting for us, with an onslaught of pressure to buy their junk. Take care in what you eat, if you venture off the beaten track, and watch your wallet. Tourism is their main industry, and they are very good at relieving you of you money, one way or another.

Old Dec 29th, 1999, 11:27 AM
Sharon Koehler

We are taking this cruise 2/24/99 - 3/5/99. This will be our 3rd Princess Cruise. The other 2 were just great. No complaints. You should receive information each day of the cruise on what's available to do each day at each port. You get it the night before so you can plan your next day. There was plenty information given out. We always enjoy our days "at sea". You never run out of things to do. Also, even tho the ships hold lots of people, it never seems crowded. Be sure & take motion sickness pills if you have a tendency to get "car sick". The seas can be rough - take it from experience. You will love the entertainment - that was one of our favorite things about the cruises. Have a good trip. Post an e-mail when you get back and give me any tips.

Old Jan 17th, 2000, 09:50 PM
Julie

Well, it may be too late (Just returned from this cruise, Jan 5-15) but my advice to anyone taking it is to get yourself to the pier by any other means that "Princess" arrangements. We were bussed to some crummy hotel and stood in long lines for 2 hours to "save us the trouble of queues at the pier". When we got to the pier, there were no lines. Of course, this was a crummy way to start a vacation. All else went well. Apparently, this in Princess policy to process as many people as possible away from the pier. This was hard on the old people, of which there were many. Otherwise, it was a nice cruise. Incidentally, their disembark procedure went well until it was time to get on the busses to the airport. Then it was general pandemonium agaiin.