Pre hotel stay for cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23rd, 2020, 06:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What happens if you book a pre night hotel stay with your cruise line and the hotels they use have no vacancies?
Old Feb 24th, 2020, 06:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pjeremiah
What happens if you book a pre night hotel stay with your cruise line and the hotels they use have no vacancies?
I imagine you get "walked" to another one. Cruise lines can change anything in your itinerary as well (drop ports, substitute ports, change the stops in your shore excursion). I figure the only thing I'm guaranteed to get is x number of nights lodging. Even then they could still take you to be docked by a port or even at sea, to wait out weather or other situation rather than "cruise".

I try to only book the cruise itself with them and arrange everything else myself, although once we did use their flights since they were cheaper. Except my friend got hit with a checked bag fee at the airport by a surly Air Canada rep. And we didn't get direct flights.

Last edited by mlgb; Feb 24th, 2020 at 06:45 AM.