Search

Pre-cruise hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 02:53 PM
Jim

Pre-cruise hotel

We're sailing on the Grand princess on 5/13/01. Any suggestions for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale that night before the cruise?

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 06:16 PM
elaine

Jim, <BR> <BR>We are also sailing the Grand Princess (in March). We are staying at a small boutique hotel, "The Pillars" for our precruise hotel. Website is: <BR>www.pillarshotel.com <BR>Location is 5-10 minute cab ride to pier.

Old Feb 18th, 2001, 12:29 PM
Theresa

A lot of cruisers stay at Amerisuites on 17th Street. We got rates on the internet for $69/night. I would not pay more than $100 for it though. <BR> <BR>They will pick you up at the airport and take you to the pier. It is near an Outback and some other restaurants along with a strip mall with drug stores and a grocery store. <BR> <BR>BTW - it is about a 20 minute walk to the pier. We did it the night before.

Old Feb 20th, 2001, 08:30 PM
Ian

I would recommend the Marriott Spring Hill Suites. You get picked up at the airport, continental breakfast, and transportation to the cruise ship terminal. We paid $69. It is one year old and very clean. It is located between the airport and the cruise ship <BR>terminal. Some stores nearby, like a Gap outlet etc. Whatever you do, do NOT buy the pre cruise hotel package-it is extremely overpriced for what you get.

Old Mar 11th, 2001, 11:46 PM
Maggie

We stayed at the DoubleTree Hotel on Seabreeze Ave. It is across the street from the beach and the intracoastal waterway. This was one reason why I picked it (not my first choice). I wanted to be able to take the water taxi and also have access to the beach. As it turned out, we got a good rate that included breakfast. Keep checking their site as their rates seem to go down. <BR> <BR>Drawbacks: no inroom safe (big drawback for me lately)however the shower was the best I've experienced in a hotel in this price range. <BR> <BR>There are nice sidewalk cafes all along the beachfront. I tried the Pillars, but the cost was prohibitive plus there was no room at the 'inn'... <BR> <BR>