Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Planning for 2022 - Silversea and Suite Type (Balcony)?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25th, 2020, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I are in our late fifties and planning our first "serious" cruise (we have taken a 3-day river cruise on the Yangtze River and have a Galapagos Cruise planned for December 2021). We are interested in Antarctica, the Falklands and South Georgia in December 2022.

We like hiking and wildlife but not interesting in kayaking, snorkelling or diving. We are looking to travel comfortably and in a relatively small ship, and Silversea seem to tick all the boxes, any thoughts, recommendations or alternative suggestions?

If anyone has been on one of the Silversea Antarctica cruises and has stayed in the Medallion Suite, any comments? Is a balcony much use on an Antarctica cruise. Are all the suites of a certain type the same, also any preference between port or starboard suites on an Antarctica cruise?

Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

One final question, does the implementation of the Polar Code impact on Silversea cruises?

Thanks in advance...