Reload this Page >

Paul and others: Carnival to the Mexican Riviera

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Frank

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who has taken the Carnival Elation or any other line for that matter to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas. Is there much to see and do at the destination? What types of tours are offered? Why is Cabo San Lucas always mentioned with "weather permitting" and how often isn't the weather permitting? In general how do these destinations compare to the carribean? <BR> <BR>This and any other information you can provide would be much appreciated. <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 12:25 AM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Frank, <BR> <BR>It is difficult to say what is good and what is bad for shore tours. It is up to each individual. Everyone has their own lifestyle. <BR> <BR>Best to have your TA send you the shore tour info in advance so you can study it. Choose the tours that you think you will enjoy. <BR> <BR>The Cabos port is a tender port therefore if the water is rough the port will be cancelled. It is the luck of the draw. I have not heard of the Elation missing this port in the past few months. The rough water does make the scuba and the snorkling tours dangerous all the time. <BR> <BR>The only negative is the short time in Cabos. Everyone wonders why the Mazatlan time is so long and the Cabos time is so short. Cabos is so beautiful. <BR> <BR>Your chances are excellent that you will get to see Cabos. Carnival just like to cover themselves by stating "subject to weather conditions." There are many islands in the Caribbean where the same statment is posted. <BR> <BR>Elation is a great ship. <BR> <BR>Paul <BR>

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 05:26 AM
Frank

Paul: Thanks for the info, appreciated as always.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 08:29 AM
No Way

I can't believe people are actually asking for Paul's advice now. Obviously someone who doesn't know his history. This must be a wet dream for you Paul. <BR> <BR>Good luck Frank, if you follow Paul's advice after scanning this site, you deserve what you get.

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 09:02 AM
Frank

No Way: I don't live on this site but visit occasionally and have always thought Paul's advice was more accurate than most. It is obvious from his responses that he is a professional in the travel industry with lots of information that he gladly imparts. <BR> <BR>I gladly accept all advice and suggestions and than do my own homework to verify the accuracy. I know Paul strongly advises the use of a travel agent although I rarely use one and have had great trips throughout the U.S. and Europe, in additon to many cruises. <BR> <BR>Based on this particular question, I'd like to know what bad advice Paul gave me? I thought his information on Cabo was particularly helpful, and obviously you have an anti-Paul bias. <BR> <BR>What advice or suggestion did you give me regarding my question? <BR> <BR>None! <BR> <BR>Therefore you are the weakest link.....Goodbye!