Ocenia Regatta, Hardly FIVE stars

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2004, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just finished the 14 day Regatta transatlantic, and we very disappointed. Ship is beautiful, but staff is very poor. Had a penthouse suite which was fine and a great housekeeper, but besides that, save your money and go on a different line. This is not a five star ship.
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 11:08 AM

Sorry to hear that. I've never cruised on Oceania but I'd love to hear more....Also, what other cruiselines have you cruised on so we know your comparison reference point. Thanks!
Old Apr 1st, 2004, 11:10 PM
Original Poster

Celebrity 3x, NL 2X, Windstar, Star Clipper, Holland American, Cunard, seriously if you are thinking you are getting a trip with exception service, I would reconsider.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 01:59 PM

manycruiser,

Could you please expand on your comments about your Oceania cruise to help those of us who have not cruised with them yet and may be considering it?

I am looking at one of their 2005 cruises to Norway.

What happened or didn't happen on your cruise?

Thanks,
Ginny
Old May 4th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberre...amp;ShipID=287

Cut and paste this link to cruisecritic.com. There are 4 negatives out of 7 reviews. Not a good sign.

If you cannot cut and paste, just go to cruisecritic.com and look for the Regatta under reviews, and you can read them all for yourself.

It has been over a month since I contacted Oceania about our cruise, and they have not even had the decency to respond. Not that it is a surprise, but it would be common decency.
Old May 4th, 2004, 07:34 AM

We were on the Regatta last Septemeber and it was wonderful. Maybe the problem was the transatlantic sailing. We did the Baltic cruise and will be doing a Med. Cruise in October. I know the crew of the regatta, or at least many of them were switched to the new ship, the Insignia, so this may have contributed to the less the expected service. If your looking for Broadway type shows and a party atmosphere, this is not the cruiseline for you. If your looking for a beautiful ship with 5 star service, atmosphere, food and port intensive, you will be very pleased. After saying all that, I do think Oceania could have provided some interesting lecturers and other daily "THING TO DO" for the Transatlantic journey. It would not surprise me that the next trans-tlantic voyages will be much improved.
The opinion of manycruiser is in the minority. I'd say 9 out of 10 people would be very happy with Oceania, probably more!