Reload this Page >

New England/Canada Cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 06:40 PM
New England/Canada

Confused whether Holland American or Princess would be the best choice for this cruise?? Any suggestions on dates of departure??

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 07:01 AM
parrot mom

Friend just came back from Holland America cruise and said she has never seen so many scooters, walkers and wheelchairs..So, I guess it depends on your age... There are many things to consider, length of cruise, port of departure and return and ports visited and week. As a New Englander I certainly would not go late September or October when the seas could be rough..

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 09:08 AM
pat

Went to New england/Canada on Celebrity, and also, never saw so many scooters, wheel chairs and walkers. I think it is because it is easy to get to the embarkation ports, so the oldsters like to go. I don`t think it is necessarily the cruise line. And no, I`m not knocking old people.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 10:18 AM
xxx

My friend said the same thing about Holland American. This was a Caribbean cruise. She said she would rather sail with Carnival even if it caters more to youngins. She is 56 herself.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 11:06 AM
xyz

Hi;<BR>Carnival sails to New england from New York in September. I would use them over the other two just for the reasons stated above.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Parrot Mom

My belief is that during the fall season children are in school and parents have probably taken their summer vacation. almost all the cruise lines have ships doing the Canada/N.E. cruise...whether for 7 days or repositioning for 14. Since many of the lines including NCL and RCI use Boston as a home port as wellas others uing it as a desintation we have even seen the Seabourne here on one of their stops.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:12 PM
maryann

The New England trip would be so beautiful in the fall. However, the weather is so changeable. That is also when the kids are in school and the wheelchair/walker crowd comes out.<BR><BR>I would like to see any area when I want to see it and not worry so much about the age of the passengers, unless it really bothers you. (Spring break time really bothers me)<BR><BR>I'd like to know how all those handicapped-slow movers would save themselves in a real emergency! I would not depend 100% on the staff- there will always be some effort you will have to make on your own.<BR><BR>Alot of the staff will panic,too,and only worry about themselves. Human nature.