never cruised

Old Sep 26th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
never cruised

thinking about taking a cruise next summer w/ 7 & 10 yr old kids. We are thinking about Greece/Europe...what nice cruises are out there that are kid friendly with this type of itinerary? We like nice travel accommodations.....
Old Sep 27th, 2009, 06:17 AM

Well the mass market lines do a very nice job and if its summer, i.e. vacation times then there should be a fair number of kids on board. RCI comes to mind for kid friendly as they have alot of neat stuff on their ships, esp. the Freedom and Voyager class ships. The newer Carnival ships are a good choice too. I would avoid HAL as it tends to cater to an older clientele. Celebrity would be a good choice too and BTW have you seen their Eastern med cruise for 2010 on the Equinox? Its pretty nice, starting in Rome and hitting the Greek islands, Ephesus and has some variation in other stops depending on the dates of travel. If you are looking for luxury lines then look into Regent, Oceania, Crystal and Silverseas. Regent is having some excellent promotions now though I am not sure if they will apply to next summer.
Old Sep 28th, 2009, 09:29 AM

I'd try Princess as an alternative of Holland America they have a variety of ships sizes from which to choose. Celebrity is also a good choice.
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 06:22 PM

Unless you decide to do Alaska next year, skip HAL. RCI would be great for all of you. Voyager and Navigator are fantastic if you want to be entertained or if you want to relax. You'll be amazed at all the opportunities for the kids and you to enjoy together: ice show, ice skating, mini golf, rollerblading, bingo, scavenger hunts, you name it. The promenade deck is unique to this class of ships. Parades appear there with rousing music and dance. You can sit for a coffee and danish as they go by. In Europe you'll be busy getting off at ports of call, so you'll want to plan each day the night before when you get the next day's itinerary in your cabin after dinner. Have fun!!
Old Oct 5th, 2009, 06:57 PM

If you're new to cruising, it would be better for you to choose a shorter cruise trip. You can try mini cruises instead of 'normal' cruises. Read it here: http://worldcruiseholidays.com/mini-...hort-holidays/