Reload this Page >

need info on carousel

Search

need info on carousel

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2000, 08:03 PM
Jenn

need info on carousel

I'm taking my very first cruise (Italian Renaissance) on the ship Carousel through Sunquest tours. All I've read about this ship is "you get what you pay for." Has anyone travelled on this ship? What was it like? Any tips for a young couple travelling together for the first time? <BR>

Old May 18th, 2000, 04:23 AM
JMM

I was on the Carousel for a caribbean cruise a couple of yours ago. My overall impression was that it was good value for the money. This is NOT a luxury cruise ship but at least when we were on it everthing worked, the cabins were clean, the food was fine. The cabins are very small but you really do not spend a lot of time in them - our cabin steward always kept ours immaculately clean - which is all i care about. If you have any specific questions - email me.

Old May 19th, 2000, 07:57 AM
Mark

Cruised Southern Caribbean on Carousel in Jan 99. Nice, basic, older ship. Cruisers are relaxed and dress casually. Cabins are small. Pack light. Garment bags are a good idea because they can be hung in the closet (no where to put big suitcases!). Pool is filled with salt water (a surprise the first time you jump in). The entertainment is amateurish. Smuggle your own booze and drinks on to the ship(very expensive on board). Carousel is great for first time cruisers. But, don't expect the QE2!

Old May 30th, 2000, 07:14 AM
jenn

thanx for the info guys <BR>just returned, had a good time, although I don't think i'll be returning to a cruise until I'm about 40. My boyfriend and I plus one other couple were the only couples even close to our age! <BR>Thanx again

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Orlean

Not all lines cater to the same clientel. Maybe try a Carnival cruise next time - they're referred to as the 'party cruises' or something of the sort. HAL is more seniorish, so don't go that route. RCCL is kind of middle of the line - there were all ages when we went.

Old Sep 9th, 2004, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have been on this ship. It is very good value. Good food, interesting ports of call. Great staff. Perfect size ship. Would go again in a heart beat.