Mississippi River Cruise

Search

Mississippi River Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mississippi River Cruise

I'm interested in a Mississippi River Cruise with a Mark Twain theme sometime over the next two years. I've heard that such cruises have staff, decor, dress, style, humor, etc all based around that of the author. A preferred cruise would be one that ends where it begins, to simplify travel to and from the ship. However, right now any information would be appreciated.
Old Nov 14th, 2017, 05:25 AM

American Cruise Lines offers a cruise that stops at places relevant to Twain. The American Queen Steamboat Company offers a more themed cruise. But neither have staff that dress up, and none of these Mississippi River cruise are round-trip.
Old Nov 14th, 2017, 04:52 PM

It is easy, and sometimes cheaper, to book open jaw ticket so the need to return to your starting point is minimal. We have been looking at US river cruises for the past couple of years. All the cruises we have seen are one-way. Also not aware of any cruise that has a Mark Twain theme. It is possible but could be something that is done infrequently or on a special occasion. There are only a couple of cruise lines on American waterways so it is easy to get on their mail lists.
Old Nov 15th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies. I have seen 9 day cruises that are round trip from New Orleans, but not with the Twain theme. I won't quit looking, however.