Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Med cruise for family with teens - which line should we look at??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are looking into a 5-7 night mediterranean cruise following a trip to Israel in June 2011. Can anyone suggest a cruise line that is great for teens (the kids will be 13 and 15 at that time)? Not looking to break the bank, but want a good first time experience and lots for the kids to do. THANKS!!!
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 09:32 AM

RC ships Adventure or Voyager Of The Seas are the best for teens.
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 10:37 AM

All the mass market cruise lines have teen programs. RCL seems to have more activities outside of the teen program than other ships. (exmaple: rock climbing wall etc)

My kids had travelled with us (when they were teenagers) in the past and they seem to be able to find things to do on their own and not get into too much trouble, without get involved in the ship's ornagzied teen program. They had been on Carnival and Princess etc and they have enough things to do on their own. Pick your travel based on your itenary and your likes. The kids are very adaptive and will enjoy themselves reagrdless.

What I found they disliekd the most was the formal sit down dinners and they preferred to eat make to order Pizza and pasta, at the grill and the buffet.
Old Aug 16th, 2010, 10:51 AM

My kids loved RCCL, but they've only done the Caribbean.
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 03:01 AM

We usually travel with RCCL witht he kids but this time we decided to give NCL a go because of the itinerary plus the price was much cheaper compared to RCCL. However we did lot of research before hand on website such as http://www.cruises.co.uk and we found that NCL ships have bowling alleys and theirs teens programme is great with lots of activities planned for the day. Our kids also preferred NCL over RCCL but you will need to pick a cruise line that also covers your itnerary as we where not to fussy about where we went.
Old Aug 20th, 2010, 06:14 AM

I think you probably can't make a bad choice if you love the itinerary.... I know Celebrity, RCL, Princess all have good teen programs, and I assume the others do as well. If you're in the Med - you're going to be doing alot of sightseeing anyway, so just pick the one that time/itinerary works for you guys - and have a great time!
Old Jan 3rd, 2011, 07:51 PM

Hi Gidlaurie,

I hope you check back and will see my question. I am curious if you are taking a tour of Israel rather than traveling on your own and also where you plan to join the cruise? I am interested in visiting Israel and combining it with a short cruise so would appreciate any info you are willing to share.