Reload this Page >

Mardi Gras Cruise

Search

Mardi Gras Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 10:04 AM
Audrey

Mardi Gras Cruise

Has anyone gone on a Mardi Gras Cruise? I have heard that there are cruise ships that leave from Florida and sail to New Orleans during Mardi Gras.Thanks!

Old Aug 2nd, 2001, 10:19 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Audrey, <BR> <BR>The Carnival Sensation has 7 night cruises that sail from Tampa and ports at New Orleans for a full day every Friday. <BR> <BR>The Carnival Inspiration will start sailing in November of this year and continue round trip sailings from New Orleans leaving on Sundays. <BR> <BR>Contact a travel agent and he/she can tell you what dates to book for Mardi Gras. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 04:06 AM
judy cuervo

I know that Regal Cruises had a Mardi Gras cruise this year and I believe they'll be doing it again next year. It's timed so that the ship is in overnight on Fat Tuesday. Last year the ship also visited Key West...and I think one other port. It's quite an old ship but has some very, very nice public rooms and the price is certainly right. Food is decent. Just the accommodations take a bit getting used to. Rather spartan in most categories.

Old Aug 3rd, 2001, 05:51 AM
Audrey

Would you recommend a Regal Cruise? I am thinking about taking a cruise to nowhere with them. I have never taken a cruise before so I am not really sure what to expect. Will I be disappointed? Thanks.

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 04:52 AM
judy cuervo

As I wrote somewhere else on this site, the ship is a great value, many of the public rooms are lovely, the food's good but the accommodations are a bit spartan. She's a 50+ year old ship but very well maintained and they have some surprisingly cool innovations, like the donut baking during the breakfast buffet, REALLY great pizza at its own little pizza place. As a first-time cruiser, you might be very impressed but she's not one of the dazzling, atrium megaships you've no doubt heard about. I, personally, find the Regal Empress appeals to ship buffs who are interested in the history/evolution of cruising. Still, for a short cruise, if you're really not looking for luxury in your cabin and want the best value, Regal might be a good choice. Plus, it's SO inexpensive. I'm sailing her over Labor Day weekend from New York. Did it two years ago and LOVED it!