Majesty of the Seas

Old Jun 23rd, 1999, 04:12 PM
Vicki

Majesty of the Seas

My husband and I leave in two weeks on the western caribbean cruise for seven nights. What suggestions do experienced cruiser have for us. We are looking for excursion suggestions. We would also like to know what there is to do on the ship and any suggestions on what to bring. Can we bring alcohol? Please help us make our final plans.

Old Jun 23rd, 1999, 06:03 PM
Hilary

What is your itinerary? If you tell us where you're going then we can try to give you some hints and suggestions for things to do.

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 01:10 AM
Vicki

Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Old Jun 24th, 1999, 11:46 AM
John

We have been on this cruise twice. It is the Greatest. It combines days at sea with port days in the right proportions so you can enjoy the ship as well as ports. Labadee has good water sports and a nice barbecue on shore. A neat native craft shopping area.(cheap) <BR>The excursions are great in the other ports. Don't miss climbing Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios. Bring or rent water socks to climb in. It's not dangerous. You snake up the falls hand in hand with a guide. Lots of laughs. In Grand Cayman go snorkling with the stingrays at Sting Ray City. Also not dangerous. Also go shopping in Grand Cayman. In Cozumel, the snorkling is great too. A nice beach-park at Chankanab. If you want to do the Mayan Ruins thing, the all day trip to Tulum is n9ce but tiring and can be hot. I would do the Mayan Ruins in Cozumel (San Gervaso). <BR>Any other questions, let me know. <BR>I love this cruise, can you tell?

Old Jun 27th, 1999, 07:41 PM
Mary

We just got back from this cruise two weeks ago. It was great! This was our 4th cruise, second on RCCL, and really liked the ship. <BR> <BR>I agree with the prior excursion suggestions. My whole family climbed Dunn's River Falls and had alot of fun. We all wore Tevas which workd out fine. The rocks aren't slippery with the right shoes. Stingray City was fascinating. The rays eat out of your hand (voluntary). It is fairly shallow, not even waist deep. Labadee has a nice beach, but snorkeling here is kind of a waste and I'd skip it. In Cozumel, we basically just shopped. The trip to the ruins takes all day, and we were afraid that it would be too exhausting due to the extreme heat. We may do it next time. And there will be a next time. This is a great cruise. <BR>Have fun!! <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 28th, 1999, 09:10 AM
Elaine

Vicki, <BR>While we haven't cruised Majesty, we have taken several RCCL cruises. Swimming w/the Stingrays [Sting Ray City] is one of the best excursions ever. <BR>Bon Voyage! <BR>Elaine