Reload this Page >

Kenai Fiords boat trip vs. whale watching

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Susan

Which would be a better choice for my husband, two sons and me... the Kenai Fiords boat trip out of Seward or Juneau whale watching with Dolphin or Orca? Or are they different enough to do both? All opinions welcome!

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 11:22 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Susan,<BR><BR>Definitely do the Kenai Fiords boat trip. The six hour one is best. You will see so many whales, seabirds, otters, sea lions, eagles, calving of glaciers up close, massive ice fields, etc. etc. It is a trip of a lifetime.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Susan

I was told on another board that the Kenai Fjords boat trip incudes some very rough water and that usually several people get sick. If this is the case, I will have to choose the whale watching out of Juneau.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Irma

We did the 8 hr. Kenai Fjords trip, which included a salmon bake, last June.<BR>Weather was beautiful, of course it's alway colder on the water so dress appropriately, water wasn't rough. Saw lots of seals, birds, dolphins, and a whale put on quite a show, jumping out of the water at least 6 times (took great pictures of this).

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 10:09 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Susan,<BR><BR>I have spent quite a bit of time in the Kenai area and never experienced rough waters. Not to say you will not run into a windy day that will chop up the water. If you are concerned best to take the Ressurection Bay cruises that do not go into the Gulf of Alaska. What you should do is order the "patch" from your physician and wear it throughout your entire vacation and changing it as advised.<BR><BR>Paul