Reload this Page >

I' like to hear about Hawaii cruises!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2001, 07:49 PM
Jesse

Please share your experiences with Hawaii cruises.I'm debating the long cruise from the coast vs the American Hawaii around the islands. I realise these trips don't give you enough time to really explore but I feel it is the most convenient way to "get a feel" for what Hawaii has to offer. Do the big ships (I'm open for preferences here) dock at the pier or are you shuttled? Does the small boat offer enough comfort (we're not really fussy)and food service? Thanks for your time.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 12:19 PM
jc

We are getting ready to book on the Oct 14 Radiance of the Seas cruise. I don't know because I haven't made the trip yet, but I would think the sailing might be a little rough. A big ship should be better than a small one.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 01:39 AM
Becki

We took a cruise of the Hawaiian islands on NCL. We flew to Hawaii and then cruised the islands. It is a great way to experience the islands, as each has its own "personality". We docked at a couple of the islands and tendered at others. <BR>NCL offered a great variety of shore excursions and on-board Hawaiian cultural experiences. <BR>Hope this helps.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 11:42 AM
pearl

I just got back from the Island cruise on the Independence. The itineray was great and if its your first trip, it gives you a chance to get a "flavor" of each of the islands and then decide which is your favorite. <BR> <BR>Each port has its own personality and Honolulu is the best organized. <BR> <BR>This wasn't my first cruise just my first to Hawaii. I chose this ship because it fit the itinery that I needed. I couldn't afford the time for the long cruise from the coast. <BR> <BR>I wouldn't go on this ship again!!! It's old but I was prepared for that. The rooms were small but again my great agent prepared me for that. What I wasn't prepared for was no-stablizers - - poor customer service - - poor food quality and dining schedules - -no windows in the dining room. <BR> <BR>The island people really want you to be happy and come back but this particular ship isn't helping that objective.

Old Mar 20th, 2001, 01:42 PM
George

cruise from the coast, you will enjoy it much more the American Cruise lines are not worth the price, I always book either RCCL, NCL or Celebrity, they all price out similar