Reload this Page >

How to get to Port Canaveral

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Cathy

After considering several cruises, my sister - n-law, brother, and I have decided to go on the Pride. It sails out of Port Canaveral. We did cruise only - I usually do better arranging our own air.<BR><BR>We live on the Gulf Coast and were thinking about either driving to the port or flying in. My two questions:<BR><BR>1. To get to port Canaveral, do you fly into Orlando, then take transportation to the port? Can you do that on your own? Is there an airport at or near Port Canaveral?<BR><BR>2. If we drive, how much does it cost to park at the port per day?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 09:48 AM
Joyce

Parking is about $7 per day.<BR>If flying you fly into Orlando and then take a Bus to Port Canaveral. You can buy these from the Cruise line or there is a booth outside of Baggage Claim.<BR>Melborne is actually closer to Port Canaveral, but the airfares are usually higher and service more limited.<BR>The Pride will be a Great Experience, I had clients on her sister the Spirit to Alaska last Summer and they had a wonderful time.<BR>They said the Supper Club (extra price)was well worth it and they ate there twice.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 04:33 PM
Ron

Cathy, I just returned from a cruise on the "Pride" yesterday and it was truly great.I live about a 3 hr. drive from Port Canaveral,so we drove. It cost 56.00 to park. It can be paid in cash or credit card, but is payable at the time of parking.The parking is very close to the ship.We arrived around 11:30 a.m.--dropped off the bags, parked and were in our cabin within an hour. I could look off our balconey and see my car in the lot. Saturday,we were off the ship,had our bags and in the car by 9:30am.Very smooth.<BR>The ship itself is very beautiful and the crew seemed to try very hard to please.We have no complaints and would go again.There were a lot of older cruisers, as Port Canaveral is close to a lot of retirement areas but we also met people from all over. Go,have fun!<BR>If you want anymore info,e-mail me.<BR>

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 09:42 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Cathy,<BR><BR>I you do fly into Orlando the Mears Shuttle runs to the port on cruise days starting at 10:30 AM.<BR><BR>It is a long ride so the cabs are very expensive. Mears charges $30 per person round trip. Last bus to the port is at 2 PM. 1 1/2 hour drive.<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Cathy

Thanks Paul for the info! And thanks to all of you for your input!

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Betsy

Paul,<BR> We are cruising on the Pride, Port Canaveral. Decided to come in a day early and stay near Orlando airport.Do we need to arrange the Mears transport beforehand, or just be back at the airport for the 1030 shuttle? Thanks for replying..