Reload this Page >

How formal is a disney formal, & other questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 12:08 PM
kris

My family of 4 is going on a 7 day Disney cruise in January. Wondering just how formal are the formal nights....do we really need a tuxedo?<BR>We are signed up for early dinners....but was wondering if there are other places/times to eat b'fast on the ship, or if we truly must be at the restaurant at 7:30 if we want b'fast.<BR>Also, what is the latest on how much baby sitting costs...we have a 2year old and would like some time alone for the shows...I've heard everything from $6 to $12 per hour.<BR>Finally, any recommendations of things to not miss, or warnings of what to avoid? Thanks!

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 06:36 PM
sam

Formal nights require a tie and jacket--a tuxedo if you please. There is a buffet top deck for breakfast all morning. Don't know about babysitting fees. Don't miss: ESPN Sports Bar, the Shows before/after dinner (fabulous productions), pizza by the Adult pool--and please, get a balcony cabin!!

Old Nov 23rd, 2001, 10:29 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Kris,<BR><BR>The children's program operates complimentary for ages 3 and up until 1 AM.<BR><BR>As I recall the babysitting is done in your cabin by a counselor on his/her own time at no real set price. Diapered infants would be an extra charge.<BR><BR>You must inquire as soon as you board the ship.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Nov 27th, 2001, 07:52 PM
carol

We took our grandson on a disney cruise 2 years ago and there was a deck that you brought the children to and put them in seperate areas according to their ages. I don't know anything about anyone watching children in your room. They don't charge anything and you tell them if you are leaving them for any meals. As for meals, they will have you eat in different restaurants for the early seating and you will have to be there pretty close to your time as they need the space for the late seating.

Old Nov 28th, 2001, 04:03 PM
Melissa

Disney Cruise line is the BEST!!!! I didn't find the formal night that formal. Kids had a blast and I think they do have a lot planned for them in the evenings. I did not go to the formal dining rooms once for breakfast or dinner. we went to the buffet.