Reload this Page >

Honeymoon Cruise-Need Advice

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 09:35 AM
Sanaii.

I have never been on a cruise but I plan to take a cruise for my honeymoon. I was thinking of traveling to Mexico since my wedding is the first week of August. Can anyone give me any advice on Cruising in August or what cruise line to call. Any advice helpful. Thanks in advance.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Theresa

Hi, <BR> <BR>I would pick up RCCL, Princess and Carnvial's brochures and look through them. I love Princess' Grand ship - there were a lot of honeymooners on that cruise last year. Most of RCCL and Princess ships go elsewhere during the summer (alaska, Europe) but if you book early - you won't have a problem finding a ship. <BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Greg Gallagher

Hi Sanaii, Congratulations! <BR> <BR>I has never been on a cruise before and decided to try one for my honeymoon as well. Please read my posting on Cruisereveiw.com. It is listed under RCCL, then Sovereign of the Seas. I don't think most cruise lines share this ineptness, but in my opinion this one does. Whatever you decide research heavily. It will pay off in the end run.

Old Apr 25th, 2001, 04:19 PM
abc

I am a travel agent and have put numerous people( including friends) on honeymoon cruises. The most romantic is a room w/ a balcony. Best food is on Celebrity---Youngest passengers are on Carnival. Carnival is glitzy and neon lights-Celebrity is sophisticated ,brass and glass. you didn't say your ages. My last honeymoon couple went on Celebrity-they will book you a table for 2 or put you at a table w/ other honeymooners. There are honeymoon cocktail parties so you can meet other people that are on their honeymoon. Call your local agent-tell her what you are looking for,give her your budget and let her book for you. August in Western Caribbean in fine--the caymans and mexico have good snokeling. If you are into seeing a lot of good islands,I'd recommend a cruise out of Puerto Rico to the southern caribbean...Great ports,rain forest,good shopping,wonderful beaches for sailing and sunning--

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Bob

Sanaii: Congratulations! I too will be taking a honeymoon cruise one year from now. I've been on over a dozen cruises and you're making a good choice with a cruise. <BR>After all you'll go thru to get married a cruise will allow you to toss your bags in your room and let them take it from there. <BR>You won't have to plan things like where to eat, were to stay, what to do, etc. Instead, you'll only have to relax and choose from the many things going on each day. <BR>I'd recommend that you get at least an outside room to help avoid sea sickness. Since you haven't tried cruising before you might also want to ask your doctor for the patches you wear behind your ear. I use them and have never had a problem with sea sickness. <BR>Each line is different, pick the one the most suits your tastes. Carnival is a good first cruise with lower prices and lots of things to do. The next step up would be Royal Carribean, then perhaps Princess, Celebrity, etc. <BR>Any experienced travel agent can help you select the line thats best for you. Don't let the negative comments you hear on these posts scare you off. I've been on every line and NEVER had a bad cruise, but I've seen terrible comments from others who were on the same cruise. It's all in your attitude...mine is that I spent too much money on the cruise to try to find things I don't like. <BR>Email me if you have specific questions and I'll try to help.