Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Holland America's Volendam What are your thoughts?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 04:12 AM
Donna Lord

Hi everyone, we are thinkning of booking an inside passage cruise to Alaska on this ship. ( In July )We would appreciate any thoughts, tips, suggestions to make our cruise as enjoyable as possible. Does anyone know what the outside cabins are like? What was the food like? Ports of call? weather in July? <BR>Thanks in advance <BR>Donna and Craig Lord

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 04:42 PM
Donna lord

Hi there, <BR>just wondering whether anyone has cruised on this ship?

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 01:09 AM
Donna Lord

We have booked a cruise on the inside passage next year on the Volendam. We are lookiing forward to hearing from anyone who has beeen on this ship <BR>thanks

Old Aug 24th, 2000, 11:29 AM
Hondu

We just got off her sister a couple of weeks ago. However, the Zaandam is sailing the Caribbean. Take a look at my review at www.justcruising.org <BR> <BR>Happy Cruising

Old Sep 9th, 2000, 03:06 PM
dunca

We sailed on the Volendam in Feb. of this year to the southern carib. cannot say enough about this ship, from the food to the service, after 6 cruises this was the tops. The outside cabins were the largest we have ever had, and the bathroom was really roomy, with a bathtub as well as shower..heaven!! food and service were outstanding, after the first night the staff all know your name and your drink preferences, the buffets in the lido were the best ever, I know you will enjoy this ship, happy sailing.....

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 07:36 AM
maryann

I have just gotten off the Volendam this week. This was my 14th Holland America Cruise and I felt one of the best cruises I've had in years. The ship is stunning, with flowers being the main theme throughout the ship. The cabins were well appointed with lovely windows, lots of space for storage, and a very functional bathroom that includes a tub/shower and a wall mounted hair dryer. The food was excellent, Chef Wolfgang is Holland America's executive chef the choices were limitless, beautifully presented, very tasty and always served hot. We sailed August 28-September 4, the weather was excellent. It was 70 degrees in Skagway and Glacier Bay was so beautiful that it brought tears to your eyes. I've been to Alaska 4 times now and this by far was the most stunning trip to date. <BR>I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about packing, what to see or do etc.