Help me pick a cruise for Jan. 2008

Old Dec 25th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me pick a cruise for Jan. 2008

My mother is turning 60 in October 2007. She's always wanted to go on a cruise and I plan to present her with one on her birthday, and then sail in Jan/Feb of 2008 (we will be spending her actual birthday in Vegas). I know the Caribbean is ideal weather-wise to travel during that timeframe but she has been to Key West, San Juan, and St. Thomas in the past and I'd like to select an itinerary that did not include these.

Any other suggestions location-wise for Jan/Feb timeframe? I'd be looking to spend no more than $2000 pp and would want a balcony. Also my aunt is going with so ideally I'd like to find a ship that offers triple occupancy cabins/suites so we can all stay in one room together (as long as we won't be cramped).

Thanks!
Jennifer
Old Dec 26th, 2006, 06:07 AM

Travelocity has a farily good cruise search feature. You can narrow it down as much as you want - departure port, length, price, destination, dates - and then it will generate a list of cruises that fit your criteria.

Western Carribean might be a possibility - we are going on one this Feb that includes Key West and Grand Caymen, but some have Jamaica as a port.

The Celebrity cruise we are taking has a room with queen bed and sofa bed plus balcony and cost for my husband, teenage dtr and me was just over $2000 for a 5 night cruise.
Old Dec 26th, 2006, 06:30 AM

I would choose a nice 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean.There is more to a cruise than shopping in the ports. Things like , the wonderful sea air , the clear skies , the tropical sun , the meeting of other people are all things that make an ocean voyage so special. I've been on many cruises to the Eastern Caribbean and each and every time I get to experience different , new and wonderful things.
Old Dec 26th, 2006, 06:48 AM
katybird

Check out www.cruisecritic.com for a wealth of information. I planned our Alaska cruise using this site.

Old Dec 26th, 2006, 10:42 AM

Since you want a triple, take a look at Regent. On the Mariner and the Voyager, the cabins are all suites with balconies (and very large). The Navigator might also be a possibility. They have a number of cabins in which the sofa converts to a bed. Given the space in these cabins, and the reasonable triple pricing, they might be a good bet, though I'm not sure you could do it for $6000. If you'd like the name of our great Regent agent, let me know: [email protected].